Thermopolis, WY and the Solar Eclipse

Cedar

We are hoping to make it to Thermopolis, WY to watch the solar eclipse in late August. Any suggestions from anyone as to where to camp. I've stayed in a motel and went to the hot springs, both enjoyable, en route to Yellowstone.
Thanks for any help!

I haven't been to Thermopolis in nearly 35 years, but some recent reading about the eclipse suggests that wide swaths of Wyoming are heavily booked for the August 21 event. A physicist friend and client of mine is booked in to Cheyenne and has been for months, and he suggested it was hard to get what he booked back then. Hoping the best for your plans!

Foy

If anyone got reservations in Oregon early for the eclipse, confirm them.
Have been seeing reports on Portland TV stations about many cancellations and the newly released room going for multiples of the previous rates.

Paul

I think anywhere with a paved road, and a lot, if not most with dirt/gravel roads is going to be a zoo. Luckily, if you can get yourself a spot in the path anywhere, you don't have to do anything from there. Other than deal with a mass of humanity and hope for clear skies

I have no idea where I am going to go for this but I took the week before and the week of off so I could find a good place. Looking for cloud free and a spot to shoot from. Anyone going to be on the East side? I guess somewhere between Nashville and South Carolina will be good if the clouds cooperate :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom