Thermostat reccomendations for Atwood heater?

smlobx

Lost again
We spent the weekend camping in the low 20's and our camper ended up in the upper twenties by the early morning without the heater on.

My wife does not like the effect of the dry heat but at the same time would like to keep the temperature of the camper above 35 or so.

Our current standard thermostat for our Atwood heater has the old standard sliding scale which only gets down to about 50 degrees. Is there a better upgrade which would allow us to set the temperature lower?

Thanks!

Eddie...

I have the Honeywell as well.

My sinus's do not tolerate the dry heat very well either. I have to crack a roof vent or window to allow fresh air flow into the camper regardless of OAT. I've found a setting of 64F on the digital thermostat to be about right. Actual temp in the camper is probably around 60F on freezing/sub-freezing nights.

We sleep under a Pacific Coast White Goose Down comforter in the camper during dead of winter....toasty!

Another option is to use a 12V USB humidifier. I've used such out west but haven't found the need in the southeast with our humidity levels.

Bill

smlobx said:
We spent the weekend camping in the low 20's and our camper ended up in the upper twenties by the early morning without the heater on.

My wife does not like the effect of the dry heat but at the same time would like to keep the temperature of the camper above 35 or so.

Our current standard thermostat for our Atwood heater has the old standard sliding scale which only gets down to about 50 degrees. Is there a better upgrade which would allow us to set the temperature lower?

Thanks!

I just replaced mine with this after doing some research it seemed like the best option.I will be using it tomorrow night when I am in Flagstaff in 16 degree temps...............

https://www.supplyhouse.com/sh/control/product/~product_id=TH1100DV1000

I just got back from Flagstaff AZ and Colorado it worked perfect. 16 degrees in Flag and I set it to 48 and worked perfectly, actually turned off when it reached the temp like it is supposed to......

Back
Top Bottom