This Is An Expensive Pizza Oven!

cabezon23

I guess many of you have tried this before but I still had to post this.

While driving through southern Mexico a few months ago I remembered this cooking technique from long time ago.

Wrap your food in aluminum foil, secure it on the engine (choose location according to cooking temperature), drive a few miles and enjoy a nice hot meal on the road.

So, what's the difference between a rolling pizza oven and a truck camper? I guess there is none ;)

Attachments

• DSC00735 (Small).JPG
    DSC00735 (Small).JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 305
  • DSC00736 (Small).JPG
    DSC00736 (Small).JPG
    88 KB · Views: 380
  • DSC00739 (Small).JPG
    DSC00739 (Small).JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 319

So, what's the difference between a rolling pizza oven and a truck camper? I guess there is none ;)

I haven't seen a pizza oven with a bumper like yours. :)

I was alone driving to Needles District in Canyonlands when I stopped at Newspaper Rock to sample a packet of military Meals Ready to Eat (MRE) that was heating on my truck's manifold. A navy buddy had given me a big box of expired MREs and I was attempting to make two weeks across the west without spending any money on food. When I stopped, a bow hunter was there at Newspaper Rock with his son, all dressed in camo and with a truck load of camping gear. He saw what I was doing and said to his son, "He is eating a MRI."

I thought to myself, this guy is dressed in camo but had never been in the military, and I laughed to myself.

This particular MRE had a packet of scrambled eggs and I was looking forward to breakfast. It was AWFUL. Moral of the story, never laugh at a fellow camper.

I thought to myself, this guy is dressed in camo but had never been in the military, and I laughed to myself.

:unsure: So you have to have been in the military to go hunting/wear camo?

The MRI part was just stupid on his part but I don't see how hunting and not being in the military have anything to do with each other.

for a different thought i have been out over the road for about 30 years and back in the day ive heated and cooked many meals on the manifold,( and no it does not matter which brand.. ie cat cummins,detroit they all cook the same) this is before microwaves, fridges, and all were standard equip :rolleyes:

I just know I'd screw it up. Open the hood and see cheese everywhere. Besides thats what the microwave is for.

Back
Top Bottom