This Would Make My Day

I'd buy Dirty Dogs Flatbed ATC. And then, a new Newcastle United home shirt. And then, a System 76 Gazelle Laptop. The rest would go in the bank, after taxes of course.

Now the reports say the couple live in Tiburon. That's on the S.F. Bay. How is that considered gold country? And anybody that owns enough property to have a hiking trail on it in Tiburon probably really won't be changed by an additional $10 million.

Ted said:
Now the reports say the couple live in Tiburon. That's on the S.F. Bay. How is that considered gold country? And anybody that owns enough property to have a hiking trail on it in Tiburon probably really won't be changed by an additional $10 million.
Coin dealer was in Tiburon. But if you lived in Tiburon you could buy a second home in the gold country cheaper than bare land to hike on in Tiburon.

Just saw the CNN story on this. Coins were found Feb of 2013 . Looks like they have kept it quite for over a year. Just coming out now after all coins cataloged and sale is coming up. I saw on the Today show they were going to be sold on Amazon.

................and now speculation abounds as to what buried treasure was found.

Perhaps this one?

Bullion Bend Stage Holdup

This is a classic old west story complete with shoot outs and a hanging. Tom Poole, executed for the murder of Deputy Staples was a former under sheriff of Monterey County. The mint dates of the found gold pieces are too new for this story.

A new gold rush!!! I can just see all those people with metal detectors warming them up and heading for the hills :ninja: ! Glad, I'm retired, lock the gates, hide the dogs and kids-no place will be safe :p ! Another lost Dutchman Mines type of story to again inspire the madness! Still it would be nice to find something like that on my daily walk., let's see, hmmmm, Bob the border collie has a good nose, wonder if I can train him to sniff some gold out ;) ! We can only dream, but my job for years was looking at the ground for stuff, never found anything like that, just luck I guess :D ! You guys are probably right thou---, they probably didn't need it anyway!

Smoke

Does the name Saddle Ridge Hoard on the coin holders mean anything?
My idea is that the coins were from some robbery or something like that.
It would be nice it the cans could be dated.I noticed one can in a picture has a lip like a paint can.About what time did that type of can appear?
The whole story will come out ,has to.But for now it's a good one.
Frank

Back
Top Bottom