Tied the knot

Lighthawk

Weekend warrior
We've been off on different orbits lately with a massive remodel of our home and planning our wedding.
As such, trips in the camper have been few and I haven't had the time to write much here at WTW.

So, the Big News is we have cemented our bond in matrimony after ten years together. It was not the first time around for either of us, but with age comes wisdom and this is what's right for us.

We chose the First Day of Summer, with the astronomical solstice technically being after sunset the night before. A powerful heatwave had begun, so we backed up the ceremony to 930am. Our location was one of our favorite meadows at 4500' under a shady heritage oak over five feet in diameter.

We've skied this meadow, hiked here and even brought my Mom here with her walker before she passed away. Mom climbed a nearby outcrop through sheer will to see the native american grinding holes nearby. I like to think Mom was with us last week. I sure do miss her.

We made it fun for our small crew. There was the officiate, our witness who had introduced us, and Susan's daughter and grandchild, Anaya. And not to forget, Ms. Callie who loves all meadows and brought good dog energy to our nuptials.

The crew followed ribbons and pinwheels through a bit of woods and across the meadow to find us.
We had pulled a cart, which I converted to a table, so we offered chilled sparkling water to our guests who were given bamboo paper parasols to allow for shade during their perambulation.

We exchanged vows and placed our rings on each other's hands promising to renew our relationship and continue our adventures. The rings were a special creation by our friend, Kent Raible who is a renowned goldsmith. They are like nothing seen in any store with four different shaped stones set with granulated gold elaborate designs.

I popped a bottle of Scharfenberger and we toasted each other and our guests. After the witness and officiate left, it was really nice to lounge about on our rug in the shade and play with baby Anaya who's suddenly become a walker. We think she will be a fine hiker soon.

Afterwards we left for Ashland and took in a few plays, but that's another story.

Andy, that's fantastic! Congratulations!

And I know what you mean about missing a parent. I suspect she was there to help you celebrate.

Well done, very well done our friends! Congratulations and our heartfelt wishes for a long and wonderful life together.

The Lady and I read your post together and enjoyed the memorible photos. She is so excited for you and sends her best.

Well done!

Congratulations Andy and Susan!!! You have been busy, with the wedding, remolding and not to mention your day jobs. We have had a major remodel since September that is wrapping up and now the landscapers are tearing things up. How did you find the time?

May your wanderings together meander slowly as one for many years to come.

Back
Top Bottom