Tires, ProComp XTerrain?

What is interesting is that I've heard others say that but then some say they are great??? I have a chance to by some slightly used ones cheap.

What is interesting is that I've heard others say that but then some say they are great??? I have a chance to by some slightly used ones cheap.

I"m wondering why they took them off, if their cheap enough why not. If you don't like them no problem because I heard they don't last too long.

Second hand knowledge.

A co-worker had 35X12.5 XTerrains on his Jeep and loved them. They were quite and got great traction. His jeep was not his daily driver, he only used it for hunting and off roading. He got another job and moved out of the area. We stayed in touch until he eventually got transferred out of the country. He had something like 10k miles and was less impressed because of their short tread life, but still liked the traction.

They are a soft compound and on a truck carrying a camper you would probably go through them pretty quickly. There was a Chevy Avalanche that I used to see regularly which had a set of Xterrains and I could almost see tread wearing on a daily basis.

The guy said they had 12000 on them, I went and looked and for me there wasn't enough tread left to justify the hassle of mounting and balancing. That's for the feedback.

Back
Top Bottom