Toiletries and meds

Santiam Camper

Advanced Member
What do you guys use for storage of toiletries and medications?

I have one of those kits that zip up and hang up when you use them. But I can never find anything in them.

I would like to find something that holds this kind of stuff that you can keep stocked in the house and that you can grab and take it to the camper.

Something that allows some semblance of organization.

Thanks.

Mike

Mike, we keep the zip up kits packed with everything except daily meds that we add at the last minute. We also have a small square plastic box for things like bug dope, sun screen, lotion, bar soap shampoo, etc..

We have found that a certain size of rectangular plastic ice cream containers with a tight lid fit exactly in our overhead Hawk wall cabinets. Label the end of the plastic box.

Our first aid kit hangs on the pantry wall at home and below the electric switch in the Hawk.

Ditto the Mag light.

David Graves

We use snap top plastic containers about 1/2 gal size.
3, 1 his ,1 her the third first aid items.
The lids snap shut and fit above the reefer area and held in place
by the lift panel while traveling.
So far after 9 years works well.
Frank

We keep our camper stocked with its own selection of toiletries, in smaller or travel sizes. We keep duplicates of meds in the camper too (if possible). That really limits what we need to grab or transfer when heading out. We have a small dry erase board in the camper that we use as an ongoing re-stock or shopping list. When we're done camping, we snap a picture of the list and know what we need to re-stock. 20181003_184346.jpeg

Back when I was doing lots of whitewater I started using an ammo can for carrying meds/toiletries/basic first aid and sundries that I always wanted nearby. I would strap it to the raft frame next to me if rowing a boat or if in a kayak I would get one of the boatmen(women) to give me an easily accessible spot. That way everything was together in a watertight container and could be grabbed and moved to wherever I slept at night.

Now I use the same box and it goes behind the driver's seat in the footwell while traveling and can be pulled out whenever I need it and because it is metal and waterproof I don't need to worry about leaving it out at night and critters investigating.

Back
Top Bottom