Top Of The World Hwy 2006

captainkettel

Here are a few photos of "The Top Of The World Hwy" on the way from Tok, Alaska to Dawson City in the Yukon. These were taken the last week in August 2006. You can see forever! Will be heading back this summer, for sure...captainkettel...

Attachments

• top1A.jpg
    top1A.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 532
  • top2A.jpg
    top2A.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 540
  • top3A.jpg
    top3A.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 520
  • top4A.jpg
    top4A.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 546
  • top5A.jpg
    top5A.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 528
Top Of The World 2006 (Re-sized)

Finally figured out how to get the "right" size photos for this forum!:)

Here are a few photos of "The Top Of The World Hwy" on the way from Tok, Alaska to Dawson City in the Yukon. These were taken the last week in August 2006. You can see forever! Will be heading back this summer, for sure...captainkettel...

Attachments

• topB.jpg
    topB.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 530
  • topC.jpg
    topC.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 518
  • topA.jpg
    topA.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 530
  • topD.jpg
    topD.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 510
  • topE.jpg
    topE.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 532
Looks good Captain! That's some barren terrain in that first pic. What is the total mileage you drive on your Alaska trip?

I drive pretty close to 6000 miles. From Sequim, WA to Homer, AK is right at 2700 miles. One way. Then with fishing and touring around I add another 500+ miles. The drive up takes me about 4 days of pretty steady driving. I would like to spend about a week just going over the "Top of the World Hwy" this year. That road is only 525 miles long. But there is so much to see and explore! Maybe even do a little gold hunting...:rolleyes:

Here is the earliest I have ever seen snow. This was taken outside Tetlin Junction. On the way from Tok to Glennallen. The date was 20 August 06! The next is the famous Matanuska Glacier which is between Glennallen and Palmer Alaska.

Attachments

• sno06.jpg
    sno06.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 491
  • mat06.jpg
    mat06.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 506
Alaska road trip

I made the trip from St. Louis to Anchorage back in May of 2000 sleeping in a tent and the back of my Toyota 4Runner. I drove up the Cassiar Hwy with multiple side trips to interesting places such as Hyder/Stewart, Keno, and Chicken! I really wanted to make it North to Inuvik but the rivers were still half frozen and the ferries were not running. Noone can really appreciate Alaska until they have made the trip by car. I can't wait to go back with my Four Wheel Camper. This time I hope return on the the ferry back to Prince Rupert!

Great Pics!

Nice views....Can't wait to go.

I've only been up to Hyder for the Bear feeding on spawning chum Salmon. Great trip...Can't believe how long it takes to get to Hyder once you cross into Canada.

Back
Top Bottom