Topa Topa Mtn. For a night......

Tomas Tierra

Contributors
Hello All Respected Wanderers,

The Wife and I took our 18 month old son up to the Topa Topa mountain above Ojai CA the other night for our first night in our new camper...

Some photos..

Attachments

• DSCN1777.JPG
    DSCN1777.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 293
  • DSCN1776.JPG
    DSCN1776.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 314
  • DSCN1787.JPG
    DSCN1787.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 292
We gave directions to a buddy and he joined us late in the afternoon with his Tacoma and Ranger II package..

The trip up the hill is 3000' feet and four low most of the way....FUN!!!! 4wd a must for this spot. Shots of my buddy's rig..

I've been trying to get him to join the forum..Maybe these shots of His rig will kick him into gear!

Shots of the site...never saw another soul, my kind of camping!!

More photos, less blah blah...

Attachments

• DSCN1797.JPG
    DSCN1797.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 319
  • DSCN1807.JPG
    DSCN1807.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 310
  • DSCN1809.JPG
    DSCN1809.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 340
  • DSCN1805.JPG
    DSCN1805.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 308
Nice although I didn't see any low range stuff in the pics. You didnt see any of these there did you?

Attachments

• 64543d1181840381-answer-age-old-question-bearshit.jpg
    64543d1181840381-answer-age-old-question-bearshit.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 299
Trip....

Great place and photos Tom. Nice looking family as well. We do 95% of our camping in places like that...remote. remote, remote. I hope to do one more short trip before I have surgery for a lung spot and it will be in the Jemez area of northern NM. I will post some photos from that....don't know how remote we can camp there but will try.
Brian

Happy Wife, Happy Kid!!

And that's what makes it all worthwhile. Nice lookin' family and set up Tomas.

The sun shade looks like a smart investment. That's a Kelty right? I like the stance on your T100 too. I just love 'em, roomy but not too big, reliable and a nice ride. I've really enjoyed my T100 a lot more than I anticipated.

Your friends Tacoma is a good looking outfit too. What does he carry all rolled up, tucked between the rear bumper and camper?

Glad to see the maiden run went so well. You've got some nice and remote looking areas to check out. Love the full moon shot through the sun shade.

Cheers -

great photos, nice rigs, looks like an awesome time...just got back from a trip to colorado this afternoon and those pics make me want to go right back out again tonight! really sharp trucks, thanks for posting!

any info on that shade you use tom...looks pretty sweet, how is it in high winds?

Erod, Ithought you might like all the Taco shots....
Shade no bueno in much wind at all. But very versatile, You can zip tie it to anything to adjust the height. Litlle screw in eye hooks are handy as well. It's made by Kelty, I've enjoyed it for 10 years. Just broke a pole in april,Death Valley, they replaced it under warranty.

Kcowyo, Thank You. Yeah the t100 is good but it won't fit my 7 y/o daughter and the Boy, and the Wife, got a tundra I'm dressing up for the camper. It fits so darn good on the long bed though..trying to milk as many more trips as possible out of the old t-100..I had a '95 t100 for a while to, VERY nice truck.
My buddy carries indoor outdoor carpet all rolled up..

Brian, Thank you. Good luck with the surgery Mate..

TT

right on tt...good to know! thanks again for posting...got the next 2 days off, think i am going campin'! cheers!

Back
Top Bottom