Total Chaos Bed Stiffeners with FWC

Never heard of such things and cant find any one on WTW reporting damage to a composite bed.

So I called Boise Spring Works, suspension shop and FWC dealer/installer that did my Fleet. They have never seen any customers with them and since the camper is not putting any weight on the bed rail a stiffener would not do much. I would call FWC. If camper cannot be installed with them I would just remove them.

I'd be inclined to leave them in place unless they interfere with the camper install.

And thanks for making me aware of them, going to recommend them to a coworker.

Seems like a nice product for its stated purpose.

Just by looking at the Chaos web site pictures of the stiffener, I think you will have camper side clearance issues with the stiffener's tie down eyelets, especially the upper and lower.

Screenshot-2019-10-05-07-42-40.png

Normally , you have ~1 - 1.25" of clearance on each side of the tailgate opening. It appears from the Chaos images the stiffeners are at least that width.
Screenshot%202019-10-05%2007.42.40.png
Screenshot%202019-10-05%2007.42.40.png

sBHd3Pqz

I have an Eagle FWC,
It's a tight fit less than 1/2 on either side.

Looking at the pictures you posted I'm thinking they might be in the way. OR such a tight fit you'll end up hitting one eventually taking the camper in and out.

My 2016 Fleet on 09 Tacoma has about 3/4"-1" clearance in this area of question.

Thanks guys for your responses. I'll make sure to remove these before install time.

Back
Top Bottom