Traffic on Sears Point Rd (37)

Jamesiam

Today 7-27 I will be heading West to Windsor from Reno NV. Looking at the map it seemed simple enough to take 80 to the Sears point Raceway to 101. A friend informed me that the racetrack will be open today so I should avoid that area. I will be hitting that area around 4ish today. Otherwise I might get off at Lincoln Hwy (12) and work my way West to Petaluma then North. How bad is the Raceway route? We are going to watch a marathon with the highlight camping in Guerneville tomorrow night and a stop at Lake Berryessa on the way home Sunday

Today 7-27 I will be heading West to Windsor from Reno NV. Looking at the map it seemed simple enough to take 80 to the Sears point Raceway to 101. A friend informed me that the racetrack will be open today so I should avoid that area. I will be hitting that area around 4ish today. Otherwise I might get off at Lincoln Hwy (12) and work my way West to Petaluma then North. How bad is the Raceway route? We are going to watch a marathon with the highlight camping in Guerneville tomorrow night and a stop at Lake Berryessa on the way home Sunday

James I've only been around Sears Point a couple times and it's a big PITA.To be avoided at all costs.The hwy 12 route will most likely have you miss the heavy traffic.
Frank

Highway 37 between Vallejo and Sears point often gets backed up. There is no place to turn around or pass. I agree with Frank, 12 is a better route and more scenic. Bonus - if you save enough time, there are wineries you can visit along the way. :D

Back
Top Bottom