Trip update

Chel

After testing the Hawk's furnace at 10 degrees in the Ruby Mtns of northern NV 2-14-09 we headed south, first to Valley of Fire State Park, NV, just west of Lake Mead. This is a great park with isolated campsites for tenters, hookup sites for the big rigs and nicely separated sites for truck campers. The red rock formations look almost like flames when you look down in the valley. The park roads make for good biking and there are interesting on and off trail hiking opportunities through the rocks. The hundreds of MoHo's parked just outside the park on BLM land are a testament to the undeveloped camping in the area.

Next we visited the Buckskin Mountains east of Parker, AZ. There is a complex of developed off road areas, wildlife preserves and protected wilderness areas here. Turn east off US 95 on Shea Road south of Parker and spend a day or a week exploring the Buckskins. Get back on pavement in Bouse. We had a nice undeveloped campsite on BLM land between Swansea and Midway, less than 100 yards from the East Cactus Plain Wilderness boundary. We spent the morning hiking up a small wash in the wilderness area.

I'm still not having much luck uploading photos. The upload fails, presumably because the file size is too big. Does anyone have a quick fix for me?

All of the photos suites allow you to "resize" your pic. Its a good idea to keep the original at the size you shot it in. That way when you print it you get much better resolution. Sooooooo copy the original and resize the copy.

Another way to post photos is to use something like photobucket.com. You upload the pic to the site, then copy the html link and past into your post. No resizing needed, photobucket does it for you. The code looks something like this:
"[IMGhttp://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x146/cruiser1313/05-04-18-UTtrip020e.jpg[/IMG]"

Back
Top Bottom