Truck Camper Magazine (FWC Factory Tour Article)

Stan@FourWheel

Hello everyone

The Truck Camper Magazine article just came out.

It is a pretty basic article, but it will give you a quick over view about Four Wheel Campers (in case you have not been able to visit our factory before).

If you are looking for a quick read, here are the links for you ...

Four Wheel Campers Part 1: Pop-Up Purists

Four Wheel Campers Part 2: Light on the Line

Have a fun & safe Holiday Season

Happy Camping !

Four Wheel Pop-up Campers Staff

Woodland, CA

Stan,

I really enjoyed reading about FWC in TCM! Great pictures of the staff and some of the construction processes. But I still want to tour the factory in person someday.

fwc build questin for stan

after reading your post on magazine article i sure would like to see the specs and pictures of the export campers that are built for flatbed trucks. i have seen some of the ones that are now able to be bought in the U.S. ( alum bed types) i have been thinking about going to a flat bed (built by me )using storage boxes to fit where normal bed would fit,but have not come up with a decent looking design.so when you said they were made for flatbeds it might be time for me to change campers ,if they come sized for 2008 Toyota Tacoma's. You and all of your family and company have a great xmas and a great 2008. Drive slow and enjoy "its the journey"

Hello lqhikers

Sounds good.

Just call or e-mail if you would like to talk further about a flat bed type camper and what we can, or cannot do.

We are seeing more and more trucks like this with the "tray" -- flat bed type design.

These guys can build you an aluminum flatbed design -- or if you do it yourself, you might be able to see some different designs ideas from their web site ...

http://www.protech.net/product.php?product_id=1

Here are just 2 different campers we built for trucks outside of the US.

We just made our first shipment of campers to Australia, and the normal trucks over there all have the flat bed designs. We will be coming out with more designs very soon for this international market of trucks (behind the scenes, probably won't be on the website for awhile).

You have a great Christmas as well !

======================================================

after reading your post on magazine article i sure would like to see the specs and pictures of the export campers that are built for flatbed trucks. i have seen some of the ones that are now able to be bought in the U.S. ( alum bed types) i have been thinking about going to a flat bed (built by me )using storage boxes to fit where normal bed would fit,but have not come up with a decent looking design.so when you said they were made for flatbeds it might be time for me to change campers ,if they come sized for 2008 Toyota Tacoma's. You and all of your family and company have a great xmas and a great 2008. Drive slow and enjoy "its the journey"

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 415
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 421
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 406
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 408
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 410
Nice rear awning...

Hey Stan,

How about importing the rear door awning shown in your Aussie photo above? Looks like a nice solution... wonder if it is home made...

I really appreciate you doing your part for our national balance of trade! Bring those dollars home!

Art
'86 Blazer

the campers look to have five foot (or bigger?) tall doors. My question is, how do you pop the thing down??

Five foot door, three feet of pop up, that's eight feet.
Average taiwanese person is 5'5". :confused:

Great looking campers. Are the Aussie campers the same??

My buddy in Australia recently bought a northstar camper. After being here for a couple of years and traveling with us and our FWC, he wanted one. On return to Aus. he couldn't get an FWC so, He paid $26,000 for his Northstar. Could he get an Aussie FWC for that now?

His Aussie rig ( which he loves )
Edit: Obviously the camper is not special made for a flat bed truck. FWC sets the bar higher again!

Attachments

• Camper%202.jpg
    Camper%202.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 363
here are a couple places that sell the steps ...

JC Whitney (www.jcwhitney.com)

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2001861/c-10101/Nty-1/p-2001861/Ntx-mode+matchallpartial/N-10101/tf-Browse/s-10101/Ntk-AllTextSearchGroup?Ntt=steps

CR Brophy (www.crbrophy.com)

http://www.crbrophy.com/stairs.html

The best ones I have seen are made in aluminum.

I think the steel version would be really heavy.

Also, try and get the brand that has the black grip tape on each stair.

The models that are made with all diamond plate (and no grip tape) are very slippery when wet.

==========================================================

Where do you get one of those Edward Scissor Hands step thingys?

Back
Top Bottom