Truma Combi & Propane to heat air and water?

LosAngeles

Hi all
I did a search and nothing came up.

anyone have a Truma Combi and is using it and Propane to heat air and water?

It seems that Hallmark will install one..... for a large price.

and
any info about the “Plus” version that can be plugged into 120v when you have shore power?

Not interested in an Espar unit. Long story. Dont ask.

thanks
J

We have had one in our Bundutec camper since October. It works extremely well, is very, very efficient and so quiet compared to traditional furnaces. And, since the water tank is surrounded by the furnace, hot water stays hot for a long time after shutting it off. It also takes up much less space since there is only one appliance. It was definitely worth the additional cost IMHO.

kmacafee said:
We have had one in our Bundutec camper since October. It works extremely well, is very, very efficient and so quiet compared to traditional furnaces. And, since the water tank is surrounded by the furnace, hot water stays hot for a long time after shutting it off. It also takes up much less space since there is only one appliance. It was definitely worth the additional cost IMHO.
thanks! great info.

IMO, the biggest problem with Trumba or any other complex heating/hot water system is finding a qualified service person to work on it if there are breakdowns or service needs. Problem is exasperated if you are 100s of miles from a big city when problems happen.

I have a Suburban propane furnace for heat and a kettle for heating water on the stove and any RV store anywhere can do repairs if needed.

I am appreciative of early adopters so that I can learn what new technologies are worth consideration for the next camper. Unlike the next new IPA, the purchase cycle for new campers is stretched out quite a bit. :)
Look at what changes we’ve seen in solar power for campers over the last several years.

Paul

Honestly, most 'RV Technicians' are little more than parts swappers anyway, so I wouldn't be too concerned about the service aspect. The Truma Combi is increasingly being used on high end class B campers, so parts should be available through Winnebago etc dealers if you are concerned. The nice thing about Truma is that they have been around in Germany for half a century, so there products are well known, tested and supported.

I always worry about potential water leaks with this sort of thing. Maybe these are installed in a way to make access and part swaps easy or there is no wood anywhere in a Hallmark to worry about getting wet. I'm sure that's it.

Back
Top Bottom