Update on points calculations

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure
Site Team
We have been adjusting how points are awarded so if you have seen some fluctuations today that is why. The current points schedule is as follows:

Add an image to an area gallery AND associate it with a spot: 3 points

Add an image to a state or area sub gallery but not associate it with a spot: 2 points

Comment on a spot: 2 points

Comment on a photo in the gallery: 1 point

Admin awarded points:

Photo promoted to featured spot photo: 5 points

Photo promoted to area featured photo: 10 points

All around awesomeness in contributing to the website: Misc points

Points will now be calculated every night at midnight EST. I think we have worked all the bugs out but if you notice something unusual please let me know.

Hey, D. Dog, what about the one point for favorites as you originally promissed?

Actually I stated originally that there would be no points for favorites, but that maintaining at least three would be required to attain contributor status. I did say that I would be manually assigning bonus points to those that are actively participating in the new site features, including favorites. I will be doing that but it won't be a point per favorite.

Actually I stated originally that there would be no points for favorites, but that maintaining at least three would be required to attain contributor status. I did say that I would be manually assigning bonus points to those that are actively participating in the new site features, including favorites. I will be doing that but it won't be a point per favorite.

Ah, now I get it. :)

Sounds good DD, so when do we need to tell you that we want to throw our maximum number of points into the ring for the stove drawing, because I want to be all in for that one :)

Sounds good DD, so when do we need to tell you that we want to throw our maximum number of points into the ring for the stove drawing, because I want to be all in for that one :)

I'm going to have a maximum entries per drawing - I'm thinking 5 entries will be the max but don't hold me to that. The good news is I have 5 stoves to give away :)

Back
Top Bottom