update on the driving a FWC with stock suspension trip

Clint Burt

Hi Everybody, After loading the camper for the first time and taking it for a test run, I felt pretty good about hauling it 100 miles down I5 to Mule Expedition Outfitters. The drive was uneventful, just how I like them and dropped it off right when they opened. They added Falcon Shocks, Bridgestone bags, Daystar cradle, Redarc dc to dc charger, a Battle Born 100 ah battery, Victron bmv-712 smart battery monitor, a redarc brake controller, and ran a wire to the bed of the truck.
I picked it up today and drove it home! Holy crap what a difference the shocks and bags make. I fully get it now. I procrastinated on ordering load E tires. They will be installed before we take it off road this weekend.
Thanks you guys for the encouraging words

IMG_9152.JPG70598276532__1355A73A-5CDF-4883-8ED8-F49C88B4ABE4.JPG

Sounds like a great set up for peace of mind so you can concentrate on having fun. E rated tires will make it even better. Happy Camping!

When people ask about shocks and if they are needed, I always recommend upgrading and I laugh every time the comments come in about how "stock original shocks are just fine" and how overpriced the aftermarket upgrade shocks are...

oldhotrod said:
When people ask about shocks and if they are needed, I always recommend upgrading and I laugh every time the comments come in about how "stock original shocks are just fine" and how overpriced the aftermarket upgrade shocks are...
When replacing P rated tires with load E tires, the stock "original" shock absorbers will be overworked on rough roads.

It sounds like you made great decisions. I get why people don't do it (cost) but the cost is worth it and makes a lot of difference (as you noticed).

Back
Top Bottom