Upper Door Sagging

enelson

I've been trying to find a thread about rebuilding the upper rear door hinge. The door on my 2017 NCO is sagging to the point where I can't get the dead bold to close. The door is visibly sagging to the left when facing the rear of the camper. Can anyone point me to a DIY rebuild thread?

I'll probably end up shimming the lower part of the hinge, or tightening the upper end. I'm at work, but I'll look to see if the hinge is screwed, riveted, or integral with the door frame.

Maybe related somehow but its not clear to me how. My impression is that this is a different issue. I don't seem to have any upper door spread. I've assumed it was from the material in the hinge wearing over time. I think I read a thread somewhere of someone rebuilding their hinges with new spacers or whatever the hinge assembly is composed of. If I don't figure it out right away I'll probably contact Bryan Wheat's new repair shop for advice.

I had hinge wear plus spread at the lower body door frame. I used an old plastic breadboard to make some spacers.

Upper Rear Door Hinge no spacer smaller file size.jpgUpper Rear Door Hinge lower hinges with spacers smaller file size.jpg

Not sure why the pics were rotated ?

antonsicon.com

Thanks for the input. I'm going to look into rebuilding the hinges with new bushings and then shimming the hinges as installed to get the upper door level again. I'll probably call Alaskan and see if they can provide info on the hinges. Otherwise the bushings in the hinge are parts that I can spec and order from McMaster.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom