utilizing spare tire area

vtarider65

Hello ,
I'm just waiting for my Hawk to be finished Oct 22 ,I'm in the planning stages for my set up .
I have a 2019 Ford F-250 4x4 short bed. I have a full size spare underneath 35's.
I was considering putting the spare up on one of the tire swing outs on the rear ( Wilco is one brand) that also have a table for food prep and other uses . The only way I think I'd justify the co$t if there was a way to utilize the spare tire space for storage .does anyone have any ideas or know of solutions for storage underneath or preferred tire storage swing outs .

Any input would be much appreciated,opintions/ideas please bring them all .

Thanks again

Dave

You could have a metal box fabricated to fit the area and use the storage
for items you don't use all the time.
With a lock and weather proof.

Could be a great use of that area.
Frank

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
You could have a metal box fabricated to fit the area and use the storage
for items you don't use all the time.
With a lock and weather proof.

Could be a great use of that area.
Frank
Thanks frank ,
I was wondering if anyone has experience in the best size/type box for that area.or any other creative ideas. as we all know , storage is a precious commodity with these rigs.

I considered moving the gray and clean water tanks to that area. After a bunch of thought I concluded that this would work better with a flatbed than with a pick-up bed. Mostly because I didn't want to cut those holes in the pick-up bed.

Just be aware that putting your rear tire so far back takes weight off the front axle and adds more than the tire/rack weight to the rear axle. On our setup, all our camper weight went on the rear axle.

ntsqd said:
I considered moving the gray and clean water tanks to that area. After a bunch of thought I concluded that this would work better with a flatbed than with a pick-up bed. Mostly because I didn't want to cut those holes in the pick-up bed.
yea thats not a bad Idea , I even thought of additional water storage for more showers . I know some of the Van outfitters are making tanks that fit there(spare tire area . But just bring a extra 5 gal can should work too..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom