Vent fan....

Brian

I see some interest in the Shurflo Comfort-air vent fans. After the warning I got from a member regarding the longevity of solar vents as well as liking the ability to move more air, I am thinking seriously about getting a Gold Comfort-air. Can anyone give firsthand experience info on them? Every vent fan I have seen in RVs are very loud and intrusive, however I don't know what the brands were. How are the Comfort-air in that respect? I know it seems like it might be quieter with the rheostat type switch, but is it? I have seen several reviews of them online but the reviews are from RVers and they are talking about the Platinum variety which they have because they can't reach the switch in their fifth wheels! That is a whole different enchilada than our little rigs where the roof vent is within inches of my head.
Brian

i will let you know....in a month when i get my unit!
i ordered a hawk and asked them to mount two platinums.

the low on the fantastiks is just not low enough...when your 3 feet away from it all the time!

Vent fan...

OK, thanks jeff. Look forward to a report...Brian

Brent,

I installed a Shur-flo Gold Series fan in my Grandby today. See my post "Roof Vents Pre-wired" for installation notes.

Have fun!

Don

IMHO the Shur-flo fan is a better design and is more economical when used with the Maxxair roof vent cover. In fact, I was first attracted to the Shur-flo when I found it would work on my trailer that has the Maxxair covers.

Comparing prices for the Shur-flo Gold series fan and the Maxxair Turbomax, fans with similiar features, the prices work out like this:

Maxxair Turbo/Maxx $179

Shur-flo Gold Series ($139) w/Maxxair vent cover ($23) = $162

These prices are Camping World Club prices w/o shipping.

So if you install just the Shur-flo fan then opt for the cover later, it can be done.

Don

FWC Roof Vent for Sale

Now that everyone is replacing vents, this is likely a mote subject but...I have a used, FWC original equipment, standard roof vent for sale. $10.00 plus shipping from California.

Contact me via private message.

Don

Back
Top Bottom