Vent mod

craig333

Riley's Human
I seem to have misplaced the inexpensive mod section.

I stole this idea from the facebook camper page.

They had fold down doors. I don't know if thats how fwc does them now or if that was custom.I'd like do that mod one of these days.
I used a very fine screen.

KIMG0754%5B1%5D-L.jpg

I don't camp in areas where insects are that big a problem but at least it'll keep the rodents out. The screws sucked the screen down quite well but I went ahead and glued it down also.

craig333 said:
I seem to have misplaced the inexpensive mod section.

I stole this idea from the facebook camper page.

They had fold down doors. I don't know if thats how fwc does them now or if that was custom.I'd like do that mod one of these days.
I used a very fine screen.

KIMG0754%5B1%5D-L.jpg

I don't camp in areas where insects are that big a problem but at least it'll keep the rodents out. The screws sucked the screen down quite well but I went ahead and glued it down also.
Craig,

What are you venting? Also if there is space, get one large enough to reach through and put stuff in or take out...if that is needed. My sea kayaks have I believe 8" hatch covers....with o-rings.

Phil

Door is about 7 1/2 x 8". Hatch is 5 3/4". Purpose is to allow a low vent and a high vent (fantastic fan usually) to prevent condensation. I used to just slide the door open a bit and hope nothing wandered in. Being able to reach through would negate the purpose of the screen. I can still slide the door open to access the hold downs etc.

Back
Top Bottom