Viva Lost Wages

sdmarkus

Advanced Member
Snowboarding is one of my true passions in life and I look forward to each winter with great anticipation. When the snow is not falling during the summer months, I train hard to ensure I have the stamina to fully appreciate my backcountry travels. With winter off to a slow start in the Eastern Sierra, I've been forced to venture elsewhere to get my fix.

I watched the weather closely and made two trips last month to an area I never knew existed - Mt. Charleston NV.

My ATC has served as an excellent platform for my winter travels. My wave 3 heater and reflectix insulation helped to keep me warm on some very cool nights. It got down to about 5 degrees at the McWilliams campground just east of their very small resort.

img3555l-1.jpg

I had no idea what to expect and was blown away by this majestic wilderness just outside town

img3917e.jpg

IMG_1706.jpg

It was still very early in their season, but the fresh dry powder was too tempting to resist. I didn't mind taking a few core shots...

img3764k.jpg

Jackpot!

charlston037.jpg

Threw a video together of the journey as well, enjoy and pray for snow!!!

http://vimeo.com/34111206

-Mark

Very cool. Love your videos.

My pops used to live in Pahrump and when visiting we would stare up at the snow covered Mount Charleston from the desert, he always told me there was a ski resort up there. Always meant to drive up and investigate. Best pow sesh of the year scored in Vegas, classic.

Very nice, powder tree skiing (or riding I believe the current term is) is one our favorites. When we were down to Death Valley, Charleston was the only distant mountain showing white. Good to see you had a tele buddy along!

Nice powder stash above the desert. I visited Charleston back in the 80's when we got snowed out of Red Rocks. We rented skis and wore our climbing clothes on the slopes. I recognize the limestone of those higher elevations.

Thanks for the inspiration. Seems the only riding being done is either in BC or Las Vegas!

Back
Top Bottom