Walker Burger in Walker California

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
Probably because we're getting older, we try to put some thought into where our money is going. We prefer to support independent small businesses, "mom & pop" places, and are happy to see places like this thrive.

One such place is Walker Burger on 395 in Walker California. This is an old fashion family run burger shop that employs local kids. It's also a great spot for a soft serve ice cream cone on a warm afternoon.

The place is popular. We stopped by yesterday for lunch after coming out from a five day trip into the Hoover Wilderness, Green Creek area. The wait after ordering was 50 minutes and worth it. The outside dining is a shaded well kept garden area.

We love the fun conversations we can have with the folks while waiting. The lady at the table we were waiting to use said with a smile, "We're from Lake Elsinore and we camp at Crowley Lake every summer and we always come up here for a meal!" It's a bit of a drive from Crowley to get a burger.

A nice place. Try it.

I have stopped there a couple of times and agree with Ski on his recommendation. Another reason to stop by is all of the wonderful bird houses on the property. The owner's Father built them and he used to have many for sale. His Father is older now, so I don't know if there are any left for sale, but the ones on display are impressive.

Great stuff there, it's about 30 mins from my front door. :)

For other great nearby burgers, I also recommend the Char-Pit in King's Beach (Lake Tahoe) and the awful-awful at the Nugget in Downtown Reno.

Also Deschutes taphouse in Bend has (IMO) the best burger on planet Earth; The Angus burger on fresh sourdough roll.

Back
Top Bottom