Wanted - Artic Pack for Grandby

SWE

Don't Check WTW Often
Hello,
I am looking for a used artic pack for a grandby. Please let me know if you are trying to get rid of one.
Thank you,

You can probably make this using quilting and velcro to secure it. I wonder if reflectix might not work since it rolls up well. Attaching the velcro might be interesting but sewing might work.

Thank you for the great idea, but I sewing is not a skill that I know how to do.

I also need to add that I have an extended cab-over option if anyone has a pack they want to sell.
Thank you!

You can probably make this using quilting and velcro to secure it. I wonder if reflectix might not work since it rolls up well. Attaching the velcro might be interesting but sewing might work.

i,m using reflectix as a rear window cover attached with velcro, does well.

I just made an artic pac for my eagle using reflectix and was pleasantly surprised to find that I could sew on velcro with no problem.

I bought a 50'x24" roll of reflectix and some self adhesive velcro and made my artic pak in a jiffy.
It's in two rolls, labeled R and L, which tuck behind the seat on my Hawk. Works great. I plan to cut flaps for the two windows, which will roll up against the ceiling, using more velcro to secure the window flap. The insulation encircles almost the entire pop up.

Not sure if self adhesive will sustain hot weather, but by then I won't be using it.

The insulation encircles almost the entire pop up.

Lighthawk, do you run the reflectix across the plywood lifts on the front and rear, too?

Stew

Lighthawk, do you run the reflectix across the plywood lifts on the front and rear, too?

Stew

I brought the reflectix completely around the bed with the two rolls overlapping each other with a few velcro tabs to keep it all in place. On the door side of the Hawk I ran the reflectix up to the aluminum rails that form a rectangle ( I guess for strength? ).

We only put velcro on the top of the reflectix, with one inch strips every three feet. I was miserly, since I had only a little to work with. You'll probably need at least six feet of 3/4" velcro to do a good job. The stuff is so light, it takes almost nothing to keep it in place.

The 24" roll was the perfect width with no trimming, but to get a velcro tab to hang down to meet the factory velcro I'm thinking of folding a strip of duct tape onto the bottom edge of the reflectix to provide a mount for a tab of velcro. I'm going to use the same idea to secure flaps over the turnbuckle ports, since I've stapled reflectix over the exterior plywood in those locations. I cut flaps for access, but I want to be able to secure them closed or open.

It takes about two minutes to roll it out or put away. We found it made a huge difference on our last trip to the East Side. I may consider using the rest of my 50' roll to cover a few of the larger windows.

Our older Granby didn't come with the velcro attachment points for the Arctic Pak. We just use
refectix with holes cut for the windows. We secure it with spring loaded curtain rods (3 per side) Works really
good in both summer and winter. When it really gets cold we use the pieces that were cut out for the windows trimmed
a bit smaller and slid inside the storm flap.

John

Back
Top Bottom