Wanted- Eagle, Fleet, Bobcat or La Veta

rappchris

After 17 years of tenting in the west…I’m looking to buy a used

FWC – Eagle or Fleet
ATC Bobcat or
Hallmark La Veta

…for my 2010 Tacoma. Would prefer a model less than five years old and hopefully within a 10 hour drive of Durango, CO.

Been cruising the forum for a few weeks. Hope to become a contributing member to this WTW community.

FWC – Eagle or Fleet
ATC Bobcat or
Hallmark La Veta

…for my 2010 Tacoma. Would prefer a model less than five years old and hopefully within a 10 hour drive of Durango, CO.

Been cruising the forum for a few weeks. Hope to become a contributing member to this WTW community.

Thanks to those who responded to me directly. My wife and I are purchasing a new Hallmark La Veta - should arrive in about five weeks.

Chris

La Veta specs at here

According to Hallmark:
**Hallmark La Veta: dry weight, 795 pounds + 27 gallon fresh, 225.2 pounds + 20-pound propane tank, 20 pounds + 1 battery, 65 pounds + stuff, 500 pounds = 1,605.2 pounds

Specs for a 2011 Tacoma access cab (4x4 V6) state the max payload including human(s) is 1395 lbs

Overland Hadley, what is your opinion on this? What do you expect for your FWC build to weigh in at?

The La Veta will be pushing the limits of the Tacoma, as it is more or less a full size camper made to fit mid sized trucks. If you pack light (very light) and are a careful driver it will be okay. But you will definitely know there is a camper back there.

rappchris, I should have wished you well on your purchase. My apologies. I just started doing the weight math in my head without congratulating you.

All the best.

Tom

FWC – Eagle or Fleet
ATC Bobcat or
Hallmark La Veta

I looked up your camper. Its a nice one. Look forward to seeing some pictures. I have a Tacoma also with a pretty much loaded Bobcat. I seem to make it ok, but you may want to check out "The Saints" threads as they seem to have done a lot to the suspension of their Tacoma.

Down the road, we should have a meet in the San Juan's somewhere. I have always wanted to go on those trails.

Darryl

Yes, a 2010 Tacoma will definitely need some rear suspension work.

Most people like airbags.

Personally I have Timbrens, and love them. On my truck they are matched with Old Man Emu and Dakars.

Thanks to those who responded to me directly. My wife and I are purchasing a new Hallmark La Veta - should arrive in about five weeks.

Chris

Hey Chris,

Congratulations on your purchase. I have a 2009 Milner LX and I love everything about it. You are going to love camping in your Hallmark, and as you probably already know, the guys at the factory are fantastic! You definitely made a good choice.

Good Camping,

Paul

Back
Top Bottom