wanted FWC eagle

Mike M

Hello,
I am looking for a FWC eagle camper for my tacoma. I am willing to travel. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Also, is the Ranger ii the same as the eagle? Did they change the name a certain year? Is there another model that would work for my truck? Thank you

Mike
Boulder, CO

Mike, watch craigslist (use http://www.searchtempest.com/ to quickly search larger areas) and be ready to buy. Good ones will go quickly. The Ranger II is the same size and the Eagle or ATC Bobcat replaced this model. There's one for sale in Vacaville, CA now http://sacramento.craigslist.org/for/1700683536.html The Ranger II has "wings" that covered the end of the bed and can be narrow for newer trucks and rub the outside of the bed. The Ranger II also has tail lights, turn signals, etc. The wings are easy to remove.

Ditto on what skipin said. The craigslist search engine is the only way to go. We used it every day for about 4 months and had to travel quickly with cash in hand. I got a Ranger II that was in poor shape, but good bones. I removed the wings where I bought it and it only took about 30 min. Mine was only $1100 but like I said, it is a work in progress. Keep looking, you will find one.

The Ranger II has "wings" that covered the end of the bed and can be narrow for newer trucks and rub the outside of the bed. The Ranger II also has tail lights, turn signals, etc. The wings are easy to remove.

Some did, but not all of 'em. My '92 Ranger II never had the wings... Not sure when in the early 90's that FWC dropped the wings, as my '92 didn't have them, and former owner, erod's '93 Ranger II had a 'flat-back', but no side wings. There are no absolutes when it comes to the Ranger II to Eagle cross-over, back in those days...

My '92 with typical back wall-
842446338_nuoZP-O.jpg

erod's '93 with flat-back, no wings -
844660130_Fq6uV-O.jpg

random Ranger II pic, showing the side wings -
844672776_kUW9X-M.jpg

kcowyo, thanks for the further info. The Ranger II we picked up used last year has an invoice from 1993 and it came with the wings. Seems, just like you say, no absolutes. But as Skeeter says, 30 minutes.

Honestly, with the time you'll spend waiting for an Eagle/Ranger II opportunity in your area you will have easily passed up a dozen nice used F-150's and Grandby's for the same money.

Just food for thought.

Hello,
I am looking for a FWC eagle camper for my tacoma. I am willing to travel. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Also, is the Ranger ii the same as the eagle? Did they change the name a certain year? Is there another model that would work for my truck? Thank you

Mike
Boulder, CO

Mike, I have a FWC for sale . New condition. 2009 Fleet Model currently on my 2006 Tacoma. Let me know if you are still interested.

Mike, I have a FWC for sale . New condition. 2009 Fleet Model currently on my 2006 Tacoma. Let me know if you are still interested.

yes, my email is mmowen49@hotmail.com and my phone number is 720 413 6884

Mike

Check the Gear Exchange. I just posted a 2004 Eagle for sale that fits current Tacomas. I'm in Sacramento, CA though which is probably too much traveling, but what the heck....

Are you still looking Mike?

I have a 2010 All Terrain Camper Bobcat that's for my Tacoma. It's in perfect shape. I've only used it twice. I love it but I just don't need one with a furnace as I live in GA - only discovered that once I got it home. I'm sure necessary for someone in CO.

Thanks, Drew.

Hello,

Mike
Boulder, CO

Hi Mike,you said you did not mind traveling.Heres an FWC Eagle In London Ontario Canada.

Sold. I will copy and post pics next time I post an add.

Cheers,
Kevin.

Back
Top Bottom