WARNING: Firestone Airbags Have No Warranty When Used with DayStar Cradles

MountainSufi

I found this out the hard way. But Rocky Mountain FWC did their best to help me. Here's my story.

Bought my used FWC from RMFWC, and needed extra suspension for my Taco. One of the things they did was put on Firestone Airbags with DayStar cradles. I drove 400 miles home and soon found one Airbag was defective... Wouldn't hold pressure overnight.

Following Firestone's recommendations, I took a picture of the installation with my request for replacement.

It was denied saying using the Daystar cradle voids their warranty, due to "lawyerese" stuff about "not designed" & "safety" and "etc". Bullshit. I still wanted the combo; I've heard Firestone is just pissed because the cradle wasn't their own in-house idea.

RMFWC sent me a replacement Airbag on their own, but since they're 400 miles away I paid for someone to put in the replacement Airbag.

LESSON: If you're going to pair Airbags with the Daystar cradle, or perhaps even before any installation of Airbags, test them out to see if they hold pressure before putting them on your rig. NEVER send Firestone a picture of the Airbag in use with the Daystar.

Good to know. I can think of a few ways a non stock suspension could damage the bags, so it's understandable, that warranty may be void.

ie. suspension travel greater than airbag was designed for.

That being said it sounds like Firestone is being a bit harsh as far as a claim goes. I'm glad Rocky Mountain FWC stood up and took care of you. Good on them!!!

Yup I knew this when researching about Firestone airbags and Daystar cradles. I installed both anyways because I wanted the articulation off road. Its been a year now and still no issue with the airbags.

Maybe they installed your airbag wrong or you were just unlucky and got a defective one.

Back
Top Bottom