Well... I did it... time to upgrade to a flatbed and new truck.

kmcintyre

We've ordered a new Hawk Flatbed about a month ago.... in the queue for everything....

In the meantime, I've ordered a 1 ton, Chevy 3500 Duramax and will try to patiently wait for it... this is a crazy world we live in right now and who knows about the timing of the camper, truck, tray....

I have no real idea of when the truck will be even put into the build queue, built or delivered. They tell me April which is when the camper is supposed to be built too. A few things I'd like to order and do to the truck before everything else arrives but who knows if those plans will work out.

A Hillsboro aluminium tray is ordered and that part was easy except they don't lock down prices until the thing is built/delivered. I can get a refund on my deposit if the price goes up. They will hold the tray at their yard until the truck comes in.

Timing could be a mess if the truck doesn't get built by the time the camper is done... I don't know what I'll do but will hope things all work out.

Once it gets closer, my current rig will go up for sale and while I'll miss it, I'll look forward to new adventures in the flatbed, etc. It'll show up here once I know the flatbed and truck are coming (about Apr., 2022).

That is going to be a good setup. We have a new ATC ordered and are looking at the 2022 Tundra. Delivery right now for both are about the same timeline as yours. Good luck!

I'd like to hear your report on the 2022 Tundra. Is it the hybrid or standard V6 engine?

Congrats (in advance)!

We ordered and received our RAM 3500 hemi earlier this year, but are still using our 2008 Hawk.
Plenty to work on with better tires, adding airbags (yup, I did it again), and considering hoop steps since powered steps are unobtainium.

My wife enjoys the camping, but I see her eyes glaze over when I talk "truck stuff".

Gave up on a 2022 Tundra. Current availability was models with lot's of add-ons we don;t want which drove the price to well over $50K - and it was obvious it was something the dealers did not want to work with us on. Just bought a 2021 SR5 long bed for a decent price. Sticking with the old V8 and systems.

Do you have a backup plan for the flatbed?

I talked to the closest Hillsboro dealer to me and was told an order would be 62 weeks out.

I'm still looking for one I like, is available, and not super expensive.

Congrats!
I prefer flatbeds both for work trucks and for my camper setup. Spendy though, i was told by the company that made my camper bed that it would cost 33% more this time around.
A local company in MT quoted me similar numbers also. Custom work will kill you on $$$.
i have a AEV/Gladiator on order, and the bed for that is 6k. Numbers are scary but what can you do.
I am betting you will love the new setup!

Back
Top Bottom