Well, ya see, it's like this...

realbtl

Contributors
My wife and I have different styles when it comes to camping, though fortunately neither one of us is particularly fond of organized paved campsites. She likes to get to a place and stay for a while and I like to roll 200-250 miles, set up for the night and then repeat as necessary. So, following the maxim that when she's happy I'm happy, on Thursday I ran over to Seattle and picked up this tent trailer for our joint camping adventures. I'm still getting an ATC shell for my solo trips that I'll build up minimally. It will also serve as an enclosed breakfast/lunch location in bad weather.

The trailer is an 04 Jayco Baja 10 Z. I particularly wanted this model as it does not have the ATV deck in front. I believe the last year of manufacture was 05. The box is 11' long though it is tall. The floor is 29" high and battened down it is 67" tall with 15" wheels. It's hooked up to Kermit the truck in the picture, a fairly tall truck, and only needed a 1" drop to ride level. It has a real suspension with shocks as well as leaf springs. My hope is that it won't get beaten to death on our camping trips along NFS or similar dirt roads, as well as get into primitive campsites this side of major Jeep territory.

Off to ATC a week from Monday to discuss my shell. Barney

Attachments

• trailer.jpg
    trailer.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 324
Uhauler- Next Monday is a quick fly in to discuss and hopefully order. I'll have to see about final pick-up, balance sales tax with delivery charge to someplace closer to me.

I really like your build up, very innovative.

Back
Top Bottom