Went camping with the little dude

pods8

Contributors
Just a quick over nigher so not really a trip report so I'll toss it up here in the lounge. Weekend before the wife headed back into work we got out on a quick over night trip with our 8week old. We headed out sat afternoon to meet up with some friends that were camped out in the national forest north of Cle Elum, WA. Sunny/dry weather. We rolled in around 4ish to enjoy some sun on the tail end of the day, 85F, and the evening campfire/dinner. Was around 55F at night but all handled well and he slept through till around 5am when we needed a feeding before crashing again until later in the morning when it warmed up. Enjoyed a relaxing morning and then rolled home early afternoon. (Passed a Hawk on a green truck on I90 on the way home, I rolled next to him for a bit to wave but he never looked over so I continued onward).

Nice short break and we were able to do a shake down on our needs list for taking the little man out in the future.

He was just getting antsy when we rolled in (he sleeps/travels well so far) but after a bottle he was happy to face plant and let us relax.
IMG_0039.JPG

Snuggled up (and shielded from some of the smoke) for the cooler evening by the campfire
IMG_0051.JPG

He slept through till about 5am when he wanted a bit to eat, we bundled him up a tad for the 55F night.
IMG_0053.JPG

Snuggling in the morning while before I got tea/breakfast going.
IMG_0066.JPG

IMG_0071.JPG

Morning relaxation
IMG_0075.JPG

Hanging in the camper while we pack up
IMG_0077.JPG

Glad we got out last weekend, as I just got put on crutches for at least three weeks to heal up the stress fracture in my leg.

Glad we got out last weekend, as I just got put on crutches for at least three weeks to heal up the stress fracture in my leg.

Good looking fam there Pods! Stress fracture?--been out running?

Stew

Stress fracture?--been out running?

Long story short, yes.

Yeah, I've been dealing with this for about 6weeks. I was training for a 1/2marathon and a month before the race I got quite a bit of pain in my leg after a run. I took 2 weeks off and tried running on it since it had died down but it was nagging me so I scrapped the race and went to the doc. He thought it was likely muscular so I headed into PT to try and speed up the recovery, after 3 weeks of PT (and no running) there was still a nagging issue but wasn't too strong (due to it being rested). With their blessing I tried to jog on it but it hurt so I stopped after a few minutes, they then had me hop scotch on that leg which hurt a decent amount. At that point they set me back to the doc to get a bone scan or MRI on it to look for a stress fracture. In the meantime ever since I hopped on it, it has been noticeably more uncomfortable to walk on. MRI results came back Wed night positive for a crack in my tibia, so I had to head in thur for boot/crutches. On these for 3 weeks and we'll re-evaluate. Perk is I'm allowed to hit the pool in the meantime as long as I don't push off with my right leg during turns.

Back
Top Bottom