Where NOT to park...

Kansafornia

Advanced Member
For nearly 4 hrs I cleaned the sap droplets from the to of my Alaskan. Boy howdy, they didn't want to come off. Sufficient elbow 'grease' and a modicum of 409/Brillo pad action, and... Its 99% sap-free. :oops:

To quote a prior President, "A teachable moment."

What I've learned: NEVER, under ANY circumstances, EVER, AT ALL, never ever ever, park your vehicle under sapping trees. If its absolutely necessary to do so, be sure to cover the top of your camper for the duration of your stay.

Wow, sap SUCKS!! It took nearly a full bottle of 409 and some hand sanitizer to knock down the sap damage done by a previous owner. I'm considering a sunbrella option to cover the top when I'm at a campsite that doesn't allow camping away from pine/redwood. Should I go there, I'll post pics.

>70 sap spots later...

gallery_10680_1614_937928.jpg

I usually worry about a branch dropping and hitting my camper. Glad this hasn't happened to me. Yet.

Rubbing alcohol and a cloth is very good at removing sap, it's what I use on any surface - metal & plastic, camping gear, skin, or clothing.

I have a 10 ft NCO. Are there any precautions I need to take before getting up on the roof? I want to do some work on the vent and I’ve been putting it off.

Russ K8AF said:
I have a 10 ft NCO. Are there any precautions I need to take before getting up on the roof? I want to do some work on the vent and I’ve been putting it off.
Lose weight, hahaha. Do people really get up on the roofs of these things? I never considered it. It's 2"x2" lumber of questionable condition holding you up there.

I replaced my vent with a fan and never climbed up there, could screw it in, and seal all around from a ladder.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom