Whitewater State Park and the Root River Valley

takesiteasy

Rocky and I made a short trip to southeastern Minnesota. Here is the trip report: Whitewater State Park and the Root River Valley

gallery_2966_407_1743593.jpg

Awesome trip report. The pictures are awesome. Wish I could go there right now. There is nothing like the midwest in the fall.

Thanks again Paulie

Thanks for the comments everyone.

It's true, camping with a dog can be a challenge- various odors included, haha. But they never complain. Of course, that doesn't mean I don't. I've been pulling deer ticks off the dog for the past 2 days. :( I used Frontline all summer and then stopped after a couple of frosts. Looks like I quit too soon. Hopefully, the tick bites prove harmless.

Nice trip report blog! I call that "God's country". Thanks for posting.

I grew up on a farm near La Crosse WI and go back for a visit once or twice a year. The views from Hwy 61 on the MN side are awesome! I'm really amazed at how many bald eagles there are along the Mississippi R. during the winter. There were not any eagles when I was living up there 40-50 years ago. They are fun to watch now.

Nice trip report blog! I call that "God's country". Thanks for posting.

I grew up on a farm near La Crosse WI and go back for a visit once or twice a year. The views from Hwy 61 on the MN side are awesome! I'm really amazed at how many bald eagles there are along the Mississippi R. during the winter. There were not any eagles when I was living up there 40-50 years ago. They are fun to watch now.

Thanks for the comments. I have had the same experience with eagles, from being exceedingly rare in my childhood to very common now, especially along the river as you mention. It is a good conservation story.

Nice photos, and in an area that's waaaay outside of my territory.
smile.gif
Thanks for sharing.

Nice photos, and in an area that's waaaay outside of my territory.
smile.gif
Thanks for sharing.

You are welcome. Yeah, you would be waaaay out of sorts here- far too much water everywhere compared to your desert haunts. :cool:

Yeah, you would be waaaay out of sorts here- far too much water everywhere compared to your desert haunts. :cool:

You're probably right...
huh.gif
In April I'm spending a week visiting a friend who lives in Savannah, Georgia...hope I don't freak out.
blink.gif

Very nice. A lot different country than I figured for MN!!!

Yep, we have don't have the wide open spaces of the west, but some nice places to visit all the same.

Back
Top Bottom