Will Grandby made for a 2007 Tundra work on 2005 Tundra?

nmk

We are thinking of buying a used 2007 Grandby from someone who has it on a 2007 Tundra double cab. Our truck is a 2005 Tundra standard cab/long bed. I believe the Grandby for sale will sit higher in our truck because our bed is shallower. Is this true? If so, will it still work? Will it be supported enough? What are the disadvantages besides aerodynamics?

Also, the camper was skinned for a short bed. I am not sure what this means and if this means it is shorter than a standard Grandby.

We are thinking of buying a used 2007 Grandby from someone who has it on a 2007 Tundra double cab. Our truck is a 2005 Tundra standard cab/long bed. I believe the Grandby for sale will sit higher in our truck because our bed is shallower. Is this true? If so, will it still work? Will it be supported enough? What are the disadvantages besides aerodynamics?

Also, the camper was skinned for a short bed. I am not sure what this means and if this means it is shorter than a standard Grandby.

Sorry I can't comment on the fit, but I think what they mean by "skinned for a short bed" is; The lower rear sides of the camper is plywood painted gray and is normally not visible when on a long bed. On the short bed the 2 feet that sticks out on the tailgate is visible so sometimes people put siding, diamond plate or some other material on the 2 feet hanging out to hide the plywood. Purely aesthetic.

I have a 2002 Hawk on my 2005 Tundra AC. Check my posts for how it sets on the bed, there is a space above the bed sides hurts nothing as the camper is supported on the bottom not the sides. You may have some extra space above the cab also this will cause some wind noise. I have see someone fill the area above the side of the bed and the camper with storage boxes.

Back
Top Bottom