Winterization Test

Jon R

I winterized my system by blowing it out with air as we have discussed. I did not pull the plug on the water heater to drain the residual water. I will be getting a good test of whether that was adequate. It was 18F last night and it’s supposed to stay in the teens for a couple of days here. My truck is in the center aisle of a tightly closed barn (other than roof peak and soffit vents), but it gets below freezing in there when it’s this cold. Fingers crossed.

Hi Jon

I wish you luck...we visited W Seattle for Xmas but bailed to head home just before the snow....glad we did ...had some touch and go traction along 101 , our usual route home.......

Our shell model Grandby is snug in the barn,,,,,,nothing to freeze,

David Graves

Turns out my closed barn is staying above freezing even when it’s 20 outside. No freezing test, but that’s a good thing. The ground temperature is keeping it in the high 30s.

I had drained the filter bowl at the pump, but I must have done it before I drained the tank. The bowl had a little water in it just now, so I removed it to dump it out. I could hear the water in the pump suction line drain back into the water tank. So note to self: drain filter bowl and suction line after tank is empty, and only then close the tank drain.

Back
Top Bottom