Wishing I was in Utah

John D

I am at work today, my first day back, shoulder to the wheel, nose to the grindstone after a couple of weeks in Europe. Now I have to pay the piper before I am able to make another trip. There have been two trip reports herein on Utah and I am jealous. I have attached a picture of a pretty spot that reminded me of the west from Edinburgh, Scotland. I actually thought of the west when I took this picture.

Attachments

• Edinburgh.jpg
    Edinburgh.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 317
Yes, it is green in Scotland. Right now, with this wet green spring in Alabama, my eye craves the color of Utah. I was on the White Rim Trail one year when it rained all day, actually sort of a drizzle, and the flowers burst upon us. The green that day was more subtle than Scotland, and amazing.

The human eye seems to become accustomed to a background color, as mine has with the constant overwhelming green of Alabama this year. When this happens, our brain looses proper perception. There is much more to "seeing" than as with a reflection through a camera lense. Our human brain and eye are one. Vision is much more complex than the wave length of light.

Back
Top Bottom