Wooden Eagle Toy Model

Yukon

This posting is just for FUN (hope that is OK...no techie stuff).

In 2008 I bought my Eagle shell new and built the entire inside myself (cabinets, fixtures, etc.). This year I got into making wood puzzles. Having nothing further to modify on my Eagle, I decided to make a 3D puzzle of my truck that could be taken apart and reassembled by neighbor kids. When finished, I decided what the heck, let's build a model of the camper out of wood. Please realize I have never done anything small like this, so it is far from perfect. Then I experimented with taking photos of the truck/camper. This is all just a big experiment on my part. Perhaps you will find the photos interesting. I have put the set of photos in the GALLERY, in the MEMBERs folder. The Album Name is Toy Eagle. I tried doing a link but the whole thing froze up and I lost my first try at the posting. I cannot figure out how to insert the link to that page. The truck is 17 inches long and 7 inches tall. Sample photo below.

If you have any crazy ideas for fun photo ops, let me know. Chris

Attachments

• FerryLO.jpg
    FerryLO.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 175
If you build a real full size one, you won't have to worry about cops with radar

That is really cool. Would be a good way to some time during these single digit degree days.

Chris what a cool idea. About 35 years ago when my two daughters were very small I built them some wood models of the ferrys
complete with cars and trucks. They played with them for years and when they were finished Shar took them to school for here kindergarten kids to play with. I think there is still one lurking around somewhere here at the house.
Wood such a great medium to work with.
Lets see more of your toys.
Frank

That's fantastic. Love the puzzle aspect, and the action photos. I expect you are going to enjoy taking it along on your trips and taking photos on location. Great winter project.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. If I get some really off the wall photos in coming months, I will post in Gallery album. Chris

I like it! Nice job.

Years ago shortly before my FIL retired he took up carving from a friend at work. When he retired he made tiny little models of all the furniture in his house and a model of his Willy's pickup. He did fantastic work and with a bum hand to boot. We never knew he had it in him. We found out that he was very artistic and had just never done anything with his abilities before. Now that he has passed those models are treasured keepsakes in the family.

Back
Top Bottom