WTB, any lightweight truck camper for 6' Tacoma.

Abandos

Hey all,
I just sold my camper van. It was a built out old Uhaul box truck. I'm sad to see it go, but I need a daily driver. I purchased a used 2016 Tacoma SR 4wd. The payload is 1600 lbs.

I have experience building out vans with cabinetry and solar setups so ideally I'd like an old flip pac or a fwc shell. Open to what's available. Honestly, I go on climbing trips almost every weekend and just want to get a camper and get going!

I'm located in Denver. Not opposed to traveling for a good deal.

Thanks for any leads!

Here is my email: abandos@gmail

I have cash on hand for the right deal. Thanks

Welcome to the cult.
Check out the postings on the site for used campers.
Have you thought about buying a new shell and finishing it yourself.
Check out All Terrain Campers. A Bobcat would fit your truck.
Frank

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I'd be open to finishing out a shell myself. I have plenty of experience in that department.

Get in contact with Marty/Jeff at All Terrain Campers.
Check out their site for the shell models.
They are a reasonable price and easy to work with.
Several members have gone that route.

A Bobcat shell would be a good match for your truck.

I have a 2009 Bobcat full camper and have had great enjoyment with it.
Frank

A bobcat shell would be great. I hope to save some money and find a used one. Thanks for the advice.

Abandos said:
A bobcat shell would be great. I hope to save some money and find a used one. Thanks for the advice.
If you see what you want, you need to act fast.. they go very fast..
For your truck.. FWC Fleet is the way to go in my opinion..
Good luck

Oh, I've very quickly found out how in demand these things are. I have cash on hand and ready to move on any good deals.

I think with my payload Im going to hold out until I find something very light.

An old Flippac, Go Fast, Nomad, Habitat, etc in my area and price. Any leads? Thanks all.

Are you still looking for a camper? Where are you located? I am leaning towards selling my 1988 FWC fleet that has been well updated and in great condition. Ive had it in my 2012 tacoma for the last few years and our family has outgrown it. Please PM me if interested.

Thanks,

John
Abandos said:
I think with my payload Im going to hold out until I find something very light.

An old Flippac, Go Fast, Nomad, Habitat, etc in my area and price. Any leads? Thanks all.

Back
Top Bottom