WTB four wheel camper for 6’ bed mid sized truck

Flyfish88

Advanced Member
Hey all,
I am in the market for a four wheel camper or all terrain camper. I have a 99 Nissan Frontier V6 4x4 5spd with a king cab. I am looking for a fwc for a 6 foot truck bed. I understand eagles tend to have a much narrower profile, so that would be my preferred choice. I am looking for something with a heater/furnace, fridge (hopefully), and in good shape. I am willing to drive for the right deal and right camper. I am located about an hour south of Seattle.

I paid a deposit for a camper I was supposed to pick up Saturday afternoon and the guy decided to sell it to someone else. Hopefully this just means I was destined to find another camper that is even better. Please let me know if you have something or are aware of someone who does.

Thank you,
Jake

Thanks for the suggestion. I hadn't heard of the Bobcat before, but I will keep my eyes open for one as well.

Hi

I PM'd you about the 2006 Hawk for sale.

A Hawk needs at lease 48 1/2 inchs between wheel wells so it sounds like it will not fit your truck.

Good luck with your search....there is a good tutorial on fitment at the FWC website.

David Graves

Flyfish88 said:
Thanks for the suggestion. I hadn't heard of the Bobcat before, but I will keep my eyes open for one as well.
Welcome to the cult.
As an ATC Bobcat owner I second Mr. Sage's idea.
The Bobcat will fit your truck.
One problem they are hard to find used.

The Bobcat is a 6" wider then the FWC Eagle but it works nicely on a small truck.
And that extra 6" makes a nice difference on the inside,but it doesn't hand over mush on the sides of the truck.
I had mine first on a Ford Ranger Super Cab.Worked great except the smaller V6 didn't have enough power.

You might contact Marty at ATC and get a price on a new one.
Shells can be had with the options you want and are reasonably priced.

Good luck in your search.
Frank

You guys make a compelling argument for the ATC. I have been doing a lot of reading on them. I would most definitely consider a bobcat if anyone is selling.

Have a 2007 Bobcat with windows/ bench bed.
Top only been popped up a few days a year so vinyl sides good shape.
Last year replace the headliner with new material.
In the process the rear paddle spring was left out but new outside lifters do the job.

To add heater/ fridge check out the ATC site.
Suppose your looking at something around half the price of a new Bobcat once all is said /done.

Something to consider is the all weather package.
May be enough where you don't need the heater.

Located in SF Bay Area.

Back
Top Bottom