WTB: Pop Up for Tundra-Old, but Quality...

dashboardburrito

Advanced Member
A few years back, I foolishly sold my 1995 Hallmark LaVeta-sometimes we do foolish things based on $ or convenience...

Fast forward to now and I'm looking to get another nice, older, simple pop up truck camper made between the years of 1995ish to 2005 or so.

I have a 2000 access cab tundra and am looking for:

Lite-Craft camper
Hallmark Laveta
Phoenix

Both the Lite Craft and the Laveta are my top choices because they're light, well made and have an insulated pop-up material. My old Laveta weighed in at about 760lbs, so I'm looking for something less than 1000 #s. If someone had an older FWC Kestrel at a good price, I'd be interested in that too.

Ideally, the camper would have a 2-burner stove, good heater, sink/water system, and a working Dometic fridge-though the fridge is not needed.

I missed a killer deal on one of these locally selling for $1,500... My budget is sub 3k.
I'm in Western Colorado, so the closer, the better.

I doubt you will find a Kestrel for that price. 2 years ago when I was looking for one they were at least 2x that price. I used to have a 2002 Tundra AC so that was why I was looking.

I found a wicked deal on a Hawk shell model, so I sold the Tundra!

Vic Harder said:
I doubt you will find a Kestrel for that price. 2 years ago when I was looking for one they were at least 2x that price. I used to have a 2002 Tundra AC so that was why I was looking.

I found a wicked deal on a Hawk shell model, so I sold the Tundra!
I agree, FWCs are nice, but in my opinion, way overpriced. The old Laveta I had a few years back I picked up for $2,400 and it was water tight and everything worked-including the 25 year old Dometic fridge.

Just looking for that super deal ya know...

dashboardburrito said:
I agree, FWCs are nice, but in my opinion, way overpriced. The old Laveta I had a few years back I picked up for $2,400 and it was water tight and everything worked-including the 25 year old Dometic fridge.

Just looking for that super deal ya know...
Well, my super deal meant I got a good, clean, dry shell that I stripped down to the alum studs and built up the way I wanted it. I'm well over $14K into it by now, using high quality marine grade materials and components. Over built for sure, but that's why I like FWC/ATC.

I teach school and will be done May 25th. On May 26th I'll be saying good-bye to my wife and heading to Idaho for some bro-time. I'll be on the Middle Fork Salmon and then the Selway for two weeks, then plan to cat-boat and river surf in Idaho and Montana for a few days or so.

A pop-up would really be nice to have for this trip and others like it in the future. There's nothing better than getting off the river on a cold day, peeling off my dry suit in the comfort of a pop up camper, firing up the heater, and having a delicious mug of Pendleton whiskey...

Back
Top Bottom