Yosemite Graffiti

craig333 said:
Grrrrrr. I sure hope someone saw them.
From the wording of the NPS statement, I believe it said potential suspects were identified. I hope this statement is for gathering additional evidence that could lead to a successful prosecution. I sure hope so. I could think of many ways to punish these fools, but that would be letting my evil side loose.

We have tolerated graffiti on walls and train cars forever, with some defending the practice as artistic expression. So why would the perpetrators think this is any different.

As for punishment I think the perps should have to clean it up (under the supervision of someone knowledgeable).

ski3pin said:
From the wording of the NPS statement, I believe it said potential suspects were identified. I hope this statement is for gathering additional evidence that could lead to a successful prosecution. I sure hope so. I could think of many ways to punish these fools, but that would be letting my evil side loose.
Drawn and Quartered comes to mind. Read the story in the paper this morning.
Frank

I have yet to come up with an appropriate consequence for this kind of abuse but I am sure it would not be fit to print on this site.

"Tagging" seemed to explode in this region in 2020 and it is, as far as I have experienced, impossible to get a public agency to clean anything up. In one incident we were not so subtly threatened with arrest if we cleaned the paint off a rock on Forest Service land - I guess they had to fill out a bunch of paperwork or something. We stopped reporting after that.

edit to add: we just clean them

This is why we can't have nice things......Grrrrrr. If they aren't burning it down they are being a$$holes.....

craig333 said:
I was hoping taggers were too lazy to go for a hike :(
Yes, a very disgusting and disappointing turn of events. I hope they have to scrape every bit of the paint away with their bare fingernails and then lick up all the scrapings. And then we can think of an appropriate punishment.

I don't know what disappoints me more. That this happened, or that I am not surprised this happened.

ski3pin said:
I hope they have to scrape every bit of the paint away with their bare fingernails and then lick up all the scrapings. And then we can think of an appropriate punishment.
That is somewhat along the line of what I was thinking. I also have an apt consequence for those who leave behind dirty baby diapers.

Cross posting, sorry ... it was just too timely!

full

Back
Top Bottom