Yukon tour Next week...

robbie

Wife and I are leaving Sunday for a 10 day tour in the Yukon. We are doing a full circle. Watson Lake, Yukon, to Whitehorse, Carmacks, Faro, Ross River, Watson Lake.
In Whitehorse we will meet up with a couple of friends from Nevada who have rented a motorhome.

The aim is to fish as many lakes as we can. Frenchman, Lake Trout/piker, fish eye, rainbows, Big Rope Big Pike, wiskers, Kokanee, An unnamed lake for pike, Francis lake , lake trout, and simpson for lake trout and pike.

The largest lake trout I got last year was 19 pounds in Simpson Lake. Released.

Our old FWC Fleet is ready to go...

robbie

[We have been up here since 1984
The road is iffy but we will be fine. The Nahanni range road (Cantung road) is in real bad shape, from washouts.
There are two lakes I want to fish for pike. One I have stopped at a few times on the way back home from my work trips. Have made one cast from shore and one pike, another is one called Big Rope Lake off the south canol road near Ross river. I am told real big pike in there..(I was told by a fellow I just hired full time) so he better be right .. ha..

Finally some good weather today...

Robbie

I'll be interested in hearing about the roads and the fishing. What are the licensing reqs in YT for non-resident fishermen?

Trip is all done.
The Robert campbell (Highway) is in pretty rough shape but no problem for a truck and FWC. Real dusty too. we fished Frenchman, whiskers, frances Lake. Only any luck at Whiskers lake, for rainbows. the water was way too high for good fishing. we fished a creek just below the Finlayson Lake entrance and got grayling pretty well every cast.
Will get some pictures done asap..
We put on 1,000 miles..

robbie

Back
Top Bottom