ZODI on Demand Showers

Cort

Captain Moderation
Hello all,

I have been looking at the Zodi on demand hot water showers and am wondering if anyone has any experience with them. The two models I am looking at are below

http://www.zodi.com/web-content/Consumer/zodihottaptravelshower.html
http://www.zodi.com/web-content/Consumer/zodihottaphpshower.html

If anyone has used these let me know what you think. I plan on getting the conversion for a propane tank so I can use it with the tank that will be in my Bobcat that I just ordered.

Thanks,

Cort

If anyone has used these let me know what you think.

I have purchased two Zodi showers prior to buying the Hawk camper (I have the hot shower option). The first one was the Hot Tap On-Demand Hot Shower #6185. I didn't care for it much and ended up giving it away. The thing kept falling over during use....and was kind of a pain to use. The last time it fell over the heat from the propane melted the hose.

The next Zodi shower I purchased was Extreme series #8170. I didn't use the propane heater part....I just heated it up on the camp stove. This unit is a true pleasure to use. Far better than the first one. In fact, I still have it as I can't talk myself into parting with it.

I was toying with the idea of rigging up an inside shower curtain like some on this forum have done....and be able to take indoor showers during inclimate weather. I may use the Zodi Extreme as the indoor water source....or I may plumb in an extra shower hook-up on the inside (by teeing off of the existing system) so I can use my FWC shower on the inside or outside.

The next Zodi shower I purchased was Extreme series #8170. I didn't use the propane heater part....I just heated it up on the camp stove. This unit is a true pleasure to use. Far better than the first one. In fact, I still have it as I can't talk myself into parting with it.

I agree with Sled about the Zodi. I use a Zodi Extreme and heat it on my stove. It is simple and I love it!

If want to take a shower in the forest or behind a rock, I just carry it with me and pump.

Another vote here for the super-simple Zodi Extreme. Love ours. Swap the stock head for a kitchen trigger sprayer and you're good to go. This photo was taken after letting it sit full in the sun, while we went on afternoon hike. Temp was perfect upon our return to camp...

805180786_gwFzu-O.jpg

This photo was taken after letting it sit full in the sun, while we went on afternoon hike.

I love that Outback Porta Privy too. Sets up and folds down in seconds.

Attachments

• DSC_0007_20001_hawk_on_ford.JPG
    DSC_0007_20001_hawk_on_ford.JPG
    222.4 KB · Views: 375
Swap the stock head for a kitchen trigger sprayer and you're good to go.

kcowyo,

Do you happen to have a picture of the kitchen trigger sprayer you installed?

Never mind I just missed the post. I am going to check out the Outback Porta Privy, I like the looks of it.

I would like to see the picture of the kitchen trigger sprayer as well

Cheers,

Cort

Zodi extreme: awesome. I cut the end of the hose off and fitted it with a regular shower head. It's pure bliss.

Zodi regular: marginal but works. Packs smaller but lacks quality.

KCOWYO,

what shower shelter is that? It looks different that the Zodi shelter.

Cort

Outback Porta Privy - set up is easy, breakdown equally easy after several failed attempts, lots of cussing and a few blows to the ego. Especially when the wife does it in 3 seconds after you've spent 15 minutes trying, lol! I think it's gender specific...

The kitchen trigger sprayer I happened to see at WalMart one day. Came with a hose and the coupler just happened to fit the Zodi perfectly. Think it was like, $7...? I just swapped out the entire stock hose & head for the new one. I don't have specific pic of mine, but it's very similar to this one -

41EcmQI3r4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

kitchen trigger sprayer[/url] I happened to see at WalMart one day. Came with a hose and the coupler just happened to fit the Zodi perfectly. Think it was like, $7...? I just swapped out the entire stock hose & head for the new one. I don't have specific pic of mine, but it's very similar to this one -

41EcmQI3r4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

A very good idea the kitchen sprayer is! I'll have to do that.

Stew

I'll try to pull my Zodi out tomorrow and snap a pic. Water management & conservation is so much easier with the trigger sprayer vs. the stock pull-out, push-in shower head. That thing was a total pain to operate with soapy hands.

A shower in camp is now simple enough, that even though I bought it all for her, I enjoy using it too.

Cabella's has the Zodi pump only for $30. You get a battery pack, and a drop in a bucket input, and a spray head. If you have another way to heat water, this is simpler and cheaper.

Cabella's has the Zodi pump only for $30. You get a battery pack, and a drop in a bucket input, and a spray head. If you have another way to heat water, this is simpler and cheaper.

The pump, batteries, etc. is all the stuff I don't want to deal with. Priming the darn pump etc.....trust me.....the Zodi Extreme is the way to go...it is simple and works every time. All that other "stuff" is what you don't want to deal with.

And yet one more thumbs up for the Zodi Extreme. Besides providing a great shower, it's good for dousing a campfire, and other camp chores. Plus, since I have only a 12 gallon water tank, I like being able to carry a couple of extra gallons in it.

I just got Bass Pro shop's big catalog, and it has a shower shelter with their brand name that looks a lot like the Outback shelter. It's about the same price, too.

Thanks for all the info everyone. I think I will be going with the Extreme and the outback Privy per everyone's suggestions. I notice that the Extreme would be great for putting fires out too.

Thanks again everyone,

Cort

Just make sure if you use the "Outback Porta Privy" in the wind, the crapper makes a mess when the shelter blows over, ask Jon, the crap is still on his property at Eagle Lake. I will never hear the end about the "Outback". Although, it is a great simple shelter, stores down to nothing, surf the net, there are some better deals out their than Bass Pro Shop. Use stakes !! Save a turd !!

A couple of quick shots of the hose & trigger sprayer. Pressed for time, didn't pull it all out and set it up, but something for a visual... Again, this is great for being able to control the water 'on & off' with soapy hands. Bought this all assembled at Wally World for less than $10, a couple of years ago, screw right onto the Zodi Extreme, replacing the stock hose & head -

827710346_fqqRm-O.jpg

827710429_iTAGa-O.jpg

Back
Top Bottom