Window Removal?

Sam

I need to remove a section of interior paneling with a window in it. I removed the screws on the outside of the window thinking that this would allow me to pop off the interior trim ring, I could not get the trim ring off and did not want to break anything trying.

For those of you that have done this before, how do I get the interior trim ring off?

Thanks,
Sam.

2003 Grandby.

window

Sounds like you have the pressure fit trim ring. The screws on the outside hold the window in place but should not go into the trim ring. If you see no screws on the inside ring, it should just pop off. 2003 is a couple of years past my reign at FWC though. I would give them a call and make sure about the ring. I will ask Jeff about it in the morning and get an exact way of removing it for you. He was still there at that date.

Just an update for anyone who may need to remove any interior paneling. After speaking with Ben from ATC on the phone here is what I found:

On a 2003 FWC if you need to remove the trim ring on the inside of a window then you have to remove the outside window screws, pop the window out (i used a utility knife to cut the sealant as I pulled on the window) once the window is out you will see the trim ring is stapled to the frame. A pair of dikes did the trick to remove these staples, and some low profile screws will do the trick to put the ring back in, unless you have a heavy duty pneumatic stapler like the factory uses.

Good luck,
Sam

window removal

Sam,

Thanks for posting that up here. I forgot all about it after talking with you. Glad to hear that it worked out for you and you found a fix to put it back in.

How about 2001 Hawk?

I want to replace the non-opening window in the front of my 2001 Hawk with an opening window.

Before I start, I would appreciate any advice about the best way to remove the original window.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Hey Mark

Just call Chicali in our service dept. if you want.

He can walk you through it over the phone.

SERVICE / CHICALI 800-242-1442

Back then I'm pretty sure they used a "screw in" window.

Once you find the same size replacement, it should be an easy swap.

Thanks, Stan--

How does Chicali pronounce his name?

:eek:

M-ark

Heh. I decided to call and ask chi-KAH-lee himself... :D

Chicali says, "After the screws come out, the window comes off," or words to that effect.

window removal

The front window on that one is simply screwed in from the outside. Once you remove the screws it will still be held in place with either foam tape or putty tape. Just work it loose and it will come right out. When you put a new one in, be sure to use a foam or putty tape to seal it back up or a good sealant.

The front window ... will still be held in place with either foam tape or putty tape. Just work it loose and it will come right out. When you put a new one in, be sure to use a foam or putty tape to seal it back up or a good sealant.

Ben, when I flipped my front window over so it would like up with the truck's slider, I left the original tape in position without touching it. Think that's a good enough seal or should I silicone around the outside of the window to the camper skin to be safe? (I'm too lazy to remove the whole thing again).

window removal

Brett,

If the tape stayed fine you shouldn't have a problem. I would run a water hose over it and if it leaks any, run some silicone around it. If it doesn't, your fine.

Back
Top Bottom