For sale 2007 Panther

drbyrdman

For sale Panther

Got off the phone with Ben. And we can not get my truck to stop bucking. The frame and bed supports are to soft! I am totally bummed out right now.
anyone wants to buy it for it around 11,500.
3-way frig.
heater
wall steps
rear spot lights
screen door
dead bolt
aux. battery
roof rack
sink
stove
mech. jacks
call me
541-948-2263
541-388-0978

Bummer...what truck is the camper on? What seems to be the issue? Did I miss a thread on this? Hang in there!

have you thought about frame reinforcement...there are a few affordable options out there. also, what about adjustable shocks...air bags, new leafs? i could post some links if your interested...there has to be a way!

Would changing out your rubber bed-to-frame mounts to polyurethane bushings help? Rubber could be too soft and causing the cyclic action. Just a thought........

any help would be great. the bed bolts are two close together. the eyebolts for the camper are around a foot away from the bed bolts. the tundra frame is weird.

why not try a different style of mounting...not sure what its called but what about those adjustable units that extend from below the bed...maybe there bolted onto the frame? just throwning out ideas...i'll try to find a picture.

I have Bobcat on my 06 Tacoma which should have similar frame as the 05 Tundra. I use Tork-Lift front tie-down. With AirLift air bag and BILSTEIN 5100 shocks. The truck rides very smooth. The external tie down does not extend out much from the truck.
135558286-M.jpg

I have been to every camper shop in town and no one has a fix. The dam bed flexs to much.

tork lift tie downs...thats what i was thinking of. what about those and frame reinforcements? try www.demello-offroad.com, these may stiffen the frame up a bit...is there no one else out there with a similar set up?

Tork lift tie downs

In Dave's case the tork lift tie downs won't help. They attach to the frame and the frame is the problem on his truck. It is just made to weak and will continue to flex even with the tork lift system. So far the only real fix anyone has been able to come up with is to take the bed off and turn the frame from a C channel to a box frame by welding it up. By the time you add up the cost, not very cost effective. Dave only has a year left on his lease and will get another truck and camper when it is up.

bummer about the camper...hope thing work out in the future and i;ll spread the word around here about the camper!

Back
Top Bottom