IQ4 install

craig333

Riley's Human
Paid $22 for it on ebay. I nearly thought I got ripped off. Where is it? Its small. Most of the box was taken up by the instruction sheet. Install took about five minutes. Half that was going back for some silicone to mount it since I couldn't see a way to screw it down. Charge voltage jumped from 13.7 to 14.3 instantly. Down to 13.6 volts this morning.

I put off getting one because I rarely plug into 110 and I figured it was much more pricey. Should have looked into that before. I may use it a bit more in the driveway as its more convenient than hooking up the CTEK I've been using.

I'm glad I did the camper repair recently so at least I knew where the Iota was :)

The IQ4 is the device from Iota that converts the DLS-30 power supply to a 4 stage smart charger. It is a "plug in the RJ11 cable & mount the module somewhere convenient" installation. The Iota puts out a constant 13.7 DC voltage otherwise with current much reduced from rated 30 amps. Maybe the best $25 you will spend for your battery if you ever plug into shore power.

Paul

Thanks Paul, My Grandby is a 96 and didn't have any kind of a charger/PS when I got it. I installed a 4 stage marine charger 6 years ago and my two group 31's seem very happy.

Old and Soft --

I want to put a pair of 24s in my Hawk. Could you send me a photo of your set-up. My RV tech seems mystified by everything about the FWC. Thanks very much.

gallery_5568_906_66122.jpg

Thank you. That's a completely different battery compartment set-up. It looks like you've vented the compartment. Is that necessary? Brenda, the Service manager at Four Wheel Camper said that venting was not necessary.

Mine is a 2014 Hawk wirh front dinette factory installation. There is no external vent. The fan is for cooling the Iota DLS-30 power supply/charger. There are two class 24 AGM batteries.

Paul

Back
Top Bottom