Baby/toddlers sleeping arrangment

super doody

There are a few families with little ones on this forum (or lurking) so I would like to share our experiences for baby/toddler sleeping arrangement.

My wife and I went back and forth many times on the most ideal interior sleeping arrangement for our 19 month old daughter. We wanted to emulate the same arrangement at home - where she sleeps in our own crib. Obviously, the rollover couch was the best option which we had on our Eagle Shell but the dining arrangement was not ideal. We spent a couple of hrs at FWC in woodland testing out the front and side dinette but still couldn't decide. Second to the rollover couch, the front dinette was the best sleeping arrangement for a little one. All you had to do is add a baby/doggie gate between the cabins as a safety barrier.

After getting measurements from NorCalHawk and FWC, I realized my daughter's pack n play was going fit almost perfectly on the side dinette bed. We also like the openness of the side dinette for the dining arrangement.

Because I was going from my camper install straight to the Rally with zero time for test fitting, I was a little nervous about the sleeping arrangement for my daughter. I didn't want to disturb other campers and dealing with a cranky toddler in the middle of the night is no fun.

Once I found our campsite, I was eager to pop up and tackle the sleeping arrangement. I knew the height of the crib would be a tight fit between the window ledge and the narrow cabinet along the camper wall. I brought a bag of tools to deal with any situation that may arise ;) .

As I suspected, the pack n play wouldn't fit underneath the narrow cabinet.

So there I was taking apart my brand new camper that was less than 4 hrs old. I removed a total of 16 square screws to remove the cabinet.

It finally fits!!!

My daughter likes to jump and down when she gets up so I used a ratchet strap to secure the crib going between the lip of the slide out bed and the fire extinguisher mount. I plan to install two small tie down in the future.

I hope this information is helpful for any new parents out there looking to buy or build out a FWC.

That looks like the perfect sleeping arrangement. You guys can look down and interact with her. Easy for you guys to get in and out of bed without disturbing her. Looks like you can even put the top down without having to disassemble the set-up if needed.

You likely won't have to worry about the weight of legs on the cushions. By the time she gets that big, she won't need the crib any longer.

Have fun!!!

Bill D said:
That looks like the perfect sleeping arrangement. You guys can look down and interact with her. Easy for you guys to get in and out of bed without disturbing her. Looks like you can even put the top down without having to disassemble the set-up if needed.

You likely won't have to worry about the weight of legs on the cushions. By the time she gets that big, she won't need the crib any longer.

Have fun!!!
Thanks. I put a couple pieces of cardboard under the legs on the cushion side but with most of the weight on the window ledge and the strap, it hardly leans even with her jump up and down.

Back
Top Bottom