Pull Out Faucet Mod

DrJ

About a month ago, I took delivery of a 2015 Grandby and this is one of my first mods.

I have always wanted a pull out faucet with my sink to wash dishes and anything else I need in my sink. I would definitely use it in the future with washing my hair during trips if I didn't want to use my outside shower (maybe too cold outside?).

Anyway, the mod is not too tough to do. It requires some new parts and not forgetting to add the rubber seals (it leaks by the way if you don't),
The difficult part was taking off enough of the cabinet to actually get to the faucets, but here where the steps:

Take Screws off old faucet from top
Gain access to below the sink
Unscrew the hot and cold to the old faucet to remove it
Add in rubber seals to both hose ends
Add in new hose and run hose down below sink (this can get stuck -which mine did at first - if there is not room for the hose to come up and down right)
Screw in hot and cold to new faucet
Test for pressure and leaks
Enjoy using it!

New faucet (looks exactly like factory option)
gallery_4097_952_1575496.jpeg

Hose extended - it's plenty long for everything I wanted to do
gallery_4097_952_373866.jpeg

gallery_4097_952_2539592.jpeg

Here is the link to the parts you need to do it:

http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|51|2234270|2234271&id=680159

Great mod and took about 1 hour to do. Mostly taking apart the cabinet to get to the area I needed to work on - not easy with front dinette.

DrJ Nice mod. I found out about the marine pullout faucet from the distributor and made the change before the cut-off for changes.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Wander The West mobile app

longhorn1 said:
DrJ Nice mod. I found out about the marine pullout faucet from the distributor and made the change before the cut-off for changes.

What was the cut-offs for the changes?

This would be a great mod to be offered directly from FWC.

I was told once the order was placed you could make changes within 2 weeks of your order.

The distributor had one, apparently one of those not published options like the king pullout.

longhorn1 said:
The distributor had one, apparently one of those not published options like the king pullout.

I assume you are talking about the dealer you bought your camper through.

Which one did you use?

I had FWC install that faucet for me instead of the standard one. I have been fairly pleased with it. I wish the hose was a little shorter just because it does not need to be as long and tends to get caught on stuff stored below. I could probably fix this if I took some time and looked at it. I took a lid from a plastic storage container and cut a large circle in it and I put the large lid over the sink to create a larger sink area when I wash my hair. I still sometimes have water where I don't want it but not too bad.

I put a thermometer on my hot water heater and turn it off when the temperature gets to around 100 degrees so I don't have to deal with adjusting the water temperature when washing my hair.

Rinsing dishes after washing is so much easier with this setup. However, unless I have lots of dishes to wash. I will just heat dish water on the stove.

Steve

I did a similar thing with a faucet that I bought at the hardware store. Main motivation was to extend faucet to near middle of sink. Factory faucet on 2005 Hawk barely reached sink edge - forget about rinsing anything including hands. Much better now and pull out hose allows rinsing of pots and pans. One caviot - be careful not to get a faucet that is too tall, or it will interfere with bed slideout.
Gregg

DrJ we purchased our 2014 Grandby through Sean Dempsey at Go Anywhere in Eagle, WI

I' m jealous,.....I don't have enough hair on my head to warrant putting in a spout like that.....
Heck it wouldn't work with my gravity system anyway.

Back
Top Bottom