Main wiring harness plug....part number ?

DavidGraves

Greetings

I am trying to order parts for my 2012 Hawk shell.

Anyone have the name, type or part number for the most commonly used plug assembly to connect the wiring harness to truck?

I have only a long length of factory harness...

This shell model has a single battery, interior lights and a solar wire routed to roof.

My only aim at this time is to charge house battery from truck and activate brake/clearance lights.

I will be towing a trailer often and don't want to use the trailer plug at hitch.

My truck is a 1997 Toyota T100.

All info/guidance welcome.

Many thanks

DavidGraves

North Oregon coast

David:

I believe that standard wiring on an FWC is three wires: the positive battery charging circuit from the truck electrical system (should be fuse or circuit breaker protected), negative (ground of the truck), and clearance lights. It does not include brake and turn signal lighting which you mention.

Bill

IMG_3386.JPGHey

Thanks for the response....I had been reading my owners manual but not making much sense.

What is the one electrical doohickey I have tried to attach as a photo ?

Many thanks

David Graves
Icansmelldiesel said:
Look under "electrical and solar" on this page: http://www.fourwh.com/support/popup-truck-camper-repair-service-manuals/

Fwc now uses an Atwood instead of Marino plug. I just finished installing on my 2010 hawk.

You will need a three prong connector (white = battery positive, black = battery negative/ground, green = tap into running lights)

Battery separator which disconnects the truck battery from the camper battery when truck is not running. Also charges camper battery off truck alternator when truck is running.

From left to right in the picture, ground potential distribution block, battery separator (separating between the truck and camper, or connecting them together for charging), and auto-reset thermal breaker.

Don

-

Back
Top Bottom