Non programable digital heater thermostat

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie
Site Team
I need to up grade and get rid of the Atwood manual thermostat.
I am looking at a White-Rodgers one at Home Depot.
It's $20. Will this hook up to the 12V system and how?

Found the problem I was having with the Atwood one. The off/on contact was not making a good contact.Gave it a temp repair,bent the contact closer to the contact point.
Works but want a new one.
Any other suggestions?
Frank

I have the Honeywell also, works great. I think FWC switched to these from the White Rodgers - the Honeywell thermisters seem to be more sensitive and keep a more constant temperature.

FYI---

rando posted the procedure for configuring that Honeywell thermostat to allow for temps down to 35F (it doesn't do that by default).

Here's a LINK to it.

I just replaced the thermostat in my '05 Hawk this morning with the Honeywell TH100DV1000. Just 2 wires and pop in 2 AAA batteries and it's good to go. There are included instructions that tell you how to set thermostat for garage mode (35 F). The only other setting was choosing Celsius or F. Takes less than a minute to program. Cost about $29.00 from Amazon.

Last weekend I heard a fan running in the camper. T-stat was set to off, but the furnace was running. Had to pull the fuse to turn it off. First time that I know of that I've forgotten to turn off the propane, so no idea if that was the first time is has run when it shouldn't have. We have the mechanical t-stat suggested in some previous thread here. Thinking that I'll try the t-stat above.

No such switch in our Phoenix. There is the main breaker at the battery, but it not convenient in the least.

ntsqd said:
Last weekend I heard a fan running in the camper. T-stat was set to off, but the furnace was running. Had to pull the fuse to turn it off. First time that I know of that I've forgotten to turn off the propane, so no idea if that was the first time is has run when it shouldn't have. We have the mechanical t-stat suggested in some previous thread here. Thinking that I'll try the t-stat above.
Man that is crazy, the old thermostat must be bad. On my old FWC Ranger, I once forgot to turn the thermostat off and had it set at the minimum temperature when I left it at the storage yard and off the truck. The gas was off but I could hear the igniter clicking when I went to pick it up. It could have been doing that for quite a while...

I just put one of these thermostats in my bobcat and it works great. Nice to have the ability to adjust to the perfect temperature on those cold and chilly days.

Great thread and info. Just what I needed. Need to replace the original thermostat in my 03 Hallmark Ute. Last fall on my maiden camping trip it either ran all night or I had to turn it off completely. I just ordered this on Amazon and will install this weekend. I'm jonesing to go camping! come on summer!

I replaced my thermostat with the Honeywell last fall but didn't realize you could set the minimum to 35. Just tried and it worked! Had it set to 40 all winter with one real cold spell down to 16F. The camper was in the driveway December thru January with the electrical on, the heater on and the top down. I heard the heater on a couple of times and when I checked the propane it was empty. Then I tried the electric water pump and blew the fuse. So I guess in was frozen. When things warmed up I filled up the propane, replaced the fuse and and everything seemed fine.

Another concerned was that the battery voltage was down to 12.2V. The power from the solar panels seemed to be low. They were a little dirty and had a thin 1mm layer of plastic pealing off and disrupting the sun. I cleaned them up and the power doubled. The combination of crud on the solar panels, low sun angle, and the heater running plus I not sure the battery voltage is the same if its been sitting in a low temperature environment for a month, resulted in the low voltage. Just got back from a trip to Oklahoma and all systems are go, no water leaks, solar power is good and battery voltage is 12.8V

Just received my thermostat in the mail today.Installed it and works nice.I think I may have some issue with a dirty igniter or something.
It still takes a few trys to get it to the heat to stay on.
When the weather gets better I'll play with it.
Thanks for all the comments on this product.
Frank

ntsqd said:
I pulled the heater's fuse until I get it sorted out. And turned the propane off.
Just to update this, it was not the t-stat. Disconnecting it made no difference, the heater runs if it has power, period. So now I've got a nice, new t-stat that we may not need.

Back
Top Bottom