Walls, wiring, and cabinet base came after that. Unfortunately at this point in the build I stopped taking pictures. I had a deadline to meet because the owners of the house I was renting a room from were putting the house up for sale. So I put all my focus on hammering out the rest of the build as quickly as possible because after my deadline I really had nowhere else to go.

My plan was to move into the camper and live in it full time while I get on top of my financial situation and put away some money for another road trip. I am currently living out this plan and couldn't be happier. As I type this I am on top of a mountain just on the outskirts of town overlooking a beautiful valley seemingly untouched by man. Most my nights are spent like this... or they are in a parking lot somewhere in town. Either way I absolutely love ever second of it. Living like this in the camper shell was a whole other story though.

DSC04551.jpg

DSC04557.jpg

Well its been over a year living in the camper now. Its really helped me get on top of my financial situation and now I can say I am completely debt free! Feels pretty dang good too.

Havent done much to the camper up until 6 months ago when I switched to a Mon-Friday job giving me all weekends off. Something I did not have at my old job as I worked just about every day. I could never say no to extra work lol

With all my new free time I’ve just about finished the camper! Pretty much a few electrical odds and ends are all thats left.

Heres a bare bone idea of the cabinet. Keep in mind it is unpainted and incomplete. I’ll get some updated pics here soon.

Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg

Reefry,

It appears you bought your camper without a refrigerator, so the biggest part of your reconfiguration was accommodating the chest compressor refrigerator. Because I have used an absorption refrigerator (propane/120v/12v) in my other RVs for many years with no issues, I am always curious why people choose to give up that flexibility, since as in your case you kept the propane for the stove?

Boonie

Boonie said:
Reefry,

It appears you bought your camper without a refrigerator, so the biggest part of your reconfiguration was accommodating the chest compressor refrigerator. Because I have used an absorption refrigerator (propane/120v/12v) in my other RVs for many years with no issues, I am always curious why people choose to give up that flexibility, since as in your case you kept the propane for the stove?

Boonie
I had the fridge leftover from my old camper shell set up which beat buying a new Dometic. Kept propane for the furnace as well.

Looking nice! It come a long ways since the photos you posted last June.

Back
Top Bottom