Intro and picking up my camper next week

Outerspace

Advanced Member
Thought I'd formally make my presence known as I'm going to be a ATC owner.:D

I have gotten alot of useful info from this forum and wanted you all to know. Marty has been a pleasure to work with and quite accomodating. I'm the "customer from Utah" that asked for a larger fridge. Which came from a thread here from Dave. Thanks Dave.

Dometic makes a similar model (Actually 1/4" narrower I think). Now if they could get it out the door and into Marty's hands.

Sooo if all continues as planned , I'll be off to Reno Monday to meet Marty Tuesday morning.

I'd also like to mention KC, who's original travelogue at expedition portal I stumbled upon researching while the White Rim. His enthusiasm for the four wheel he picked up is what started me thinking. I think someone owes him something for all the interest he's created.

Mine's going on a '05 Tundra access cab.

Maiden Voyage is the San Raphael Swell next Friday!

WooHoo!

Stephen

Congrats and welcome! Be sure to post some pics when you get back. (We like pics around here).

Welcome Stephen,
Marty is a great guy and quite nuts. You can tell him I said that. Jeff is the sane one there. As for KC he's already got a swelled head its best to let that one alone.

And I mean that in the nicest way.

super camper

your camper is coming along as planned and with all your modifications i came to realize that this is what i have wanted to build for years. so i am calling your camper " super camper take one ". have a nice day and as far as the "quite nuts" thing, I know where you live. haha.
Marty atc campers atc@2xtreme.net 1-800-446-1003

As for KC he's already got a swelled head its best to let that one alone.

It's true... my head is getting so big now that apparently it's outgrowing my hair (which is somehow relocating to my ears?) What was it Jimmy Buffet said about "a pirate looks at 40"? *sigh* :(

Stephen, congratulations on your camper. It sounds like it's going to be a really nice one. Good luck with the "hurry up & wait" game. But you have the perfect home state to use it in. The Swell will make for the perfect maiden voyage.

And thanks for the generous comments. I like your idea about someone owing me something... let's run with that. I'm a Crown Royal man, if anyone (ahem, Jay) is struggling to find that perfect gift...

:cool:

Super Camper Take One

Looking forward to hearing and seeing -- pics please! -- all the changes that make a "normal" ATC into a Super Camper!

The Super Camper

Well.

Great to hear we are on schedule Marty!

As for what it is. It is an Ocelot.

Brett and KC will want one for sure.

It's a Bobcat with a Panther floorpac for the Tundra. We kept the Bobcat size settee to maximize floorspace.

The larger refer, a furnace, elec water pump. Marty is mounting the overdue (grrr) New, suave aluminum(!) AT can holder with a steel shelf off the back of the camper. Passenger side of the back door. Got the idea from someone on these boards (Uncle Grumpy?). Should be strong and clean looking.

Two roof vents, awning and another option or two I'm forgetting.

There will be pix.

Gotta run. Need to turn around two interior shoots from this AM by this PM.

S

It's a Bobcat with a Panther floorpac for the Tundra.

The larger refer, a furnace, elec water pump. Marty is mounting the overdue (grrr) New, suave aluminum(!) AT can holder with a steel shelf off the back of the camper. Passenger side of the back door. Got the idea from someone on these boards (Uncle Grumpy?). Should be strong and clean looking.

S

Oh, we're definitely gonna need pics!

Wow, What great versatility in a Mfgr'r!! Building a "skinny camper" with a "fat" floorplan for a Tundra..Ingeneous!! So much wasted space running my "Skinny" FWC Ranger on my "Phat" Tundra..

That is GREAT customer service Marty!:thumb:

TT

Wow, What great versatility in a Mfgr'r!! Building a "skinny camper" with a "fat" floorplan for a Tundra..Ingeneous!! So much wasted space running my "Skinny" FWC Ranger on my "Phat" Tundra..

That is GREAT customer service Marty!:thumb:

TT

That's why we went with ATC over fourwheel. While there was some cost savings as well, Marty's flexibility with our custom ideas was the main one.

Met Stan from Four wheel campers at the sportsmans show here in SLC this March.

Nice guy and nice product. Seeing one convinced my wife this was a viable way to go. They just are not set up to do what we wanted.

Sorry Stan.

We are way excited to try it out next weekend.

Back to editing...

S

under construction

The lower section is at 90 percentish now and your roof will be attached around 11 am. we are hoping to let the glue dry some befor we hand it over to you. haha the steel bracket to help support your jurycan was revampet by the r & d director (jeff) and is now a removable aluminum plate. it looks better than the steel. it was tested with 175 pounds (don) and held up just fine.
Marty

Marty,

You guys are the best!

I'll get with AT and see what's what with the can holder. Looks like I'll be installing it. Should go easier with the R+D directors improvements.

KC

You deserve all the generous comments you get. You detailed observations and well written travelogues (and pics) have turned alot of folks to these two companies.

Got airbags installed yesterday.

As an aside, my mechanic called airlift and was told that the bags are designed to stretch 4 inches (!!!) when inflated ans extended. They said a spacer was not needed even with the axel drop he was seeing. His words to me "lifetime warrentee, thats what they said". He also has them in his 1st gen double cab.

S

Back
Top Bottom